We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Brisbane, Australia
car hire

has anyone had success renting a car on arrival at malpensa?

South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: car hire

Check www.autoeurope.com.au

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

You will require an International Driving Permit for Italy, on the Italy forum Top Questions read "driving in Italy:.

Accommodation www.venere.com

www.italia.it/en/home.html

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
2. Re: car hire

If you do not book in advance, it is certain that you will pay top price and it is possible that there will be no suitable cars available.

Brisbane, Australia
3. Re: car hire

so,sydeney nick, i take it you have not rented a car out of malpensa?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
4. Re: car hire

No. But I do know that, throughout Europe, walk-up rental prices are very much more than pre-booked prices. For example, I once had a one-day rental booked for €79. Waiting to pick up the car, I looked at a card listing walk-up prices. The walk-up price for the same rental was €239.

I also know that, throughout Europe, if you do not book ahead you may not get the car you want. Especially if you want an automatic.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
5. Re: car hire

It depends when you're travelling but if you have your itinerary in place and need to hire a car then I would reserve it beforehand, just for peace of mind.

Brisbane, Australia
6. Re: car hire

thank you for replying.

on the web i can get a medium car for around 50 euros a day for the 28 day rental period i need.

what is the rate if i just turn up at the counter at malpensa??

7. Re: car hire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, February 12, 2014