Come spend a weekend with the Milan DEs.
Rongpuk, FF, claudioborghi and carmen0806 (in cooperation with Stefano91 and Penelope from the Italian forum) are organizing a meeting in Milan the last weekend in September.
We will walk you around the hidden gems of Milan. Several guided itineraries will be available, but there will be also some time to spend together, as well as free time to explore on your own.
The meeting has been already announced on the Italian forum, and we look forward to a large attendance.
It's the second TA DEs meeting (the first was held in 2009), but the first open to foreign visitors.
We are in this forum to get advice from the locals, now you can see the beauties of Milan with them!
The program in detail will be outlined early September but it will be more or less along these lines:
Friday the 28th of September
- at 19.00 happy hour in the Brera district at Sans Egal http://www.sansegal.it/ (MM2 LANZA o MM1 CAIROLI), walking tour in the area;
Saturday the 29th of September
- at 09.30/10.00 breakfast together at Bar Magenta http://www.bar-magenta.it/ (MM1 e 2 CADORNA)
- after breakfast free time or visit to the Cenacolo Vinciano (if we are able to reserve free tickets, please register your attendance asap here: http://doodle.com/4r8f5dtphawk2k2e) or several guided itineraries will be available as
Cultural Tour (http://goo.gl/maps/oIB2R): Corso Magenta, Chiesa di San Maurizio, Marchesi, Libreria Milanese, Via Meravigli, Piazza Affari, (if you like it's possible to visit also the Pinacoteca Ambrosiana), Via Della Posta, Via Amorari, Via Speronari, Via Rastrelli, Via Pecorari, Via Santa Tecla, Piazza Fontana, San Bernardino alle Ossa, Piazza Santo Stefano, Università Statale.
The Golden Quadrilateral Tour (http://goo.gl/maps/15TTX): Corso Magenta, Via San Giovanni Sul Muro, Piazza Cairoli, Via Dante, Piazza Duomo, Corso Vittorio Emanuele, Piazza San Babila and several streets in the fashion quarter.
Ambrosiano Tour (http://goo.gl/maps/b1vk): Corso Magenta, Chiesa di Santa Maria delle Grazie/Cenacolo, Via Zenale, Via San Vittore, Sant'Ambrogio, bus or metro until Piazzale Cadorna, Castello Sforzesco/Parco.
these are all general proposals subject to adjustments.
- Saturday lunchtime and afternoon (until around 5pm): we'll spend time together & visit some more points of interest in the city center (as Galleria Vittorio Emanuele, Duomo & its terrace, ..)
- Saturday evening: community dinner
meeting at 19.30:19.45 in Cadorna at the corner with Via Minghetti
Sunday the 30th of September
- morning: more itineraries may be organized.
- at 13.00 Community lunch.
It's VERY important to know who is joining what as soon as possible.
Please confirm your attendance by replying to this post AND choosing your activities at this link: http://doodle.com/4r8f5dtphawk2k2e
If you have any question, please feel free to contact one of us.
Come one, come ALL!Edited: 12:06 pm, July 27, 2012