We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

is Milan worth 4 days?

Which Milan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Winnipeg, Canada
is Milan worth 4 days?

My friend and i are travelling through Europe for two months after university. is Milan worth 4 days of our 50 days in Europe? we are both super into doing what ever so all interesting things we are open to. we are one a tight budget so we would prefer cheap things. basically is there enough stuff to do in Milan to fill up 4 days of our time? or should we change that time to somewhere else along our travels.

home-netherlands-belgium-france-spain-france-italy-greece-home

that is our schedule.

Como, Italy
reviews: 26
1. Re: is Milan worth 4 days?

Well, it's a city full of (hidden) art, fashion, life and with one of the best nightlife in Europe. i guess that you can get used of it... for me it's more than 40 years and still worth...

Winnipeg, Canada
2. Re: is Milan worth 4 days?

alright, also how expensive is it?

California
reviews: 58
3. Re: is Milan worth 4 days?

I'd give Milan 2 days max

Como, Italy
reviews: 26
4. Re: is Milan worth 4 days?

It's one of the most expensive city in Italy, it is however possible to survive spending very little but you must be skilled...

Winnipeg, Canada
5. Re: is Milan worth 4 days?

@ LBToni--what did you do when you were in milan ?

@ Claudioborghi-- you say that it is all about hidden gems so is there really anything to plan to see or do you just wonder and get lost?

Seattle, Washington
reviews: 46
6. Re: is Milan worth 4 days?

Hi Fishing Bro,

You've touched off a periodic thread of "LOVE Milan and there are endless things to see and do in this wonderful city" and "Hate Milan and you should get out ASAP". I'm in the former camp, you'll get lots of others in the latter. I think it depends on the person, what you like, what else you are seeing in Italy, etc.

See, for example this recent thread:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187849-i143-k5236…

We have been to Milan about 4 or 5 times...I always enjoy it. We have stayed as short as 2 days and as long as 5. Longer stays allow daytrips to places like Lake Como.

I would say 4 days, compared to what...how much time to you have overall and what other options are you considering. Milan is a nice place with lots to see and do, so you won't be bored.

-Karl

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 159
7. Re: is Milan worth 4 days?

Milan isn't a big city and you can visit everything in a couple of days, if you're organized in 1 day. You have 2 months but this will pass quickly if you want to visit everywhere in Europe so I wouldn't spend any more time in Milan.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 159
8. Re: is Milan worth 4 days?

Just to add, I would'nt plan specific days anywhere, keep your schedule flexible then you can stay as long or as short as you like in the different countries depending on your interests.

Stresa, Italy
9. Re: is Milan worth 4 days?

My personal opinion is NO it isn't worth 4 days.....

Winnipeg, Canada
10. Re: is Milan worth 4 days?

to both the people who have responded an others who want to, can you please add your age at the bottom and if you are adventure seeker. it is hard for me to judge all your comments about milan without knowing what kind of a person you are. for example if you are 60 years old then a place like ibiza is probably not for you. with milan having so much emphasis on shopping and nightlife, someone who wouldnt like it could be someone who doesnt like those things. we both are perfectly happy wondering cities and finding the little cool places.