We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Town bus tickets

Which Mantua hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 6
Town bus tickets

A question maybe for the experienced Mantuan visitor, or a Mantuan resident!

We are a couple arriving Mantua by rail next week (Wednesday evening) for a short tourism visit, mainly the Palazo Ducale and the Palazo Te. I have a hotel on Via Cremona, direction out of town from the station. I have found bus route information and numbers from Google earth.

It seems I want to use bus 5 from near the station to my hotel, then get 5 again into town (Via Garibaldi) same evening, and later 5 back to hotel. Next day I want to go to old town centre by 5 and transfer to 6, and later back to hotel same way. Third day probably a single bus trip back to station.

I know I need to get tickets in advance, and verify on bus. What I can't find is information about how tickets work, what they are good for, and best tickets to buy. Is one ticket valid only one trip, or a period of time? Is one ticket valid when using two buses to get into town (5 and 6)? is there a multi-journey ticket I should by for one day, or two days, or three days? Prices?

Help from someone who knows all about this would be greatly appreciated! So I know what to buy when I arrive at the rail station.

1. Re: Town bus tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, October 27, 2012