We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

renting a car in stresa and returning it in como

Which Stresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Miami, Florida
renting a car in stresa and returning it in como

I would like to take the train from Milan to Stresa, rent a car for four nights and drop the car off in Como, or the reverse. My next stop after the Italian lakes region is Lucerne. I am having trouble finding a car rental agency near a train stop around Stresa. I know I can take a train from either Stresa or Como to Lucerne. Any help for this leg of our trip would be greatly appreciated.

4 replies to this topic
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
1. Re: renting a car in stresa and returning it in como

http://www.autoeurope.com/ willl broker you a car with a pick-up in Stresa and drop-off in Como.

To get to Lucerne by train, Como S. Giovanni station is very much nearer and faster than Stresa, with one direct train a day, and many with a change in Arth-Goldau. For print-at-home tickets see www.sbb.ch/en

Minnesota
reviews: 6
2. Re: renting a car in stresa and returning it in como

Piggybacking on heissmiami's question, if I rent a car thru Sixt in Venice, driving through the Dolomites and return my rental car in the Lake Como area, the return offices are in Bergamo, Monza or Milan. Any companies that has a return place in the Lake Como area ? Out of Bergamo, Monza or Milan, seems to me Monza might be the best - a smaller town, and direct train to Lake Como, is that an accurate assessment? I've looked up autoeurope.com, the cost almost doubles going through them. Any advice will be appreciated ! Thanks !

Saint Louis...
reviews: 8
3. Re: renting a car in stresa and returning it in como

I can't seem to find any companies that have cars available to rent in Stresa for the end of May. I've tried to drop off In Stresa or to drop off in Como. Any other ideas?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
4. Re: renting a car in stresa and returning it in como

Check Avis.

Vagabonda

Reply to: renting a car in stresa and returning it in como
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted