We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alibus - what time to leave for return flight?

Which Stresa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Helsinki, Finland
reviews: 80
Alibus - what time to leave for return flight?

Alibus seems to be the most convenient transport from Malpensa to Stresa and I will be making reservation very soon. I am just wondering about return, how early should we be on Malpensa for our return flight to Helsinki? Usually 1-2 hours is enough if we check-in on-line but how are the lines at security check in Malpensa?

How reliable are those Alibus timetables? If we leave on Monday 16.30 can we make our flight at 19.00 or should we get back to airport with a private transport? I think the previous bus is too early (14.30). And if going to Malpensa with taxi does it also take 1 hour?

Thanks.

NY
reviews: 69
1. Re: Alibus - what time to leave for return flight?

I think it is cutting it a little close. While the Alibus takes about an hour or a little less if the roads are clear, there might be some congestion that time of day.

There is no telling if it will be on time, or if the lines for security will be long

Sometimes the walk inside the airport can be long also

Helsinki, Finland
2. Re: Alibus - what time to leave for return flight?

Thanks. We will take a taxi:)

Helsinki, Finland
3. Re: Alibus - what time to leave for return flight?

We decided to take Alibus back to Malpensa and everything went perfectly. We even had time to buy a bottle of Limoncello and drink coffee before boarding:)

When we arrived to Malpensa on our way to Stresa, we checked out where the bag drop for Finnair is. And we thought that our return is not the busiest time on the roads or the airport and we can check in online.

4. Re: Alibus - what time to leave for return flight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:23 am, July 26, 2014