We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weddings in Varenna

Which Varenna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
london
reviews: 7
Weddings in Varenna

I recently got married in Varenna and skimmed this site so much in our planning that I thought it only right to give some back. Below, I have listed several details and suppliers for our wedding and our opinion of them and am happy to answer any further questions including costs etc if you contact me personally.

Wedding Planner - IC Bellagio were exemplary both leading up to the wedding and on the day. Sara was extremely helpful and efficient in answering our emails and questions and I would thoroughly recommend her services. At the start, we questioned why we would need a wedding planner but I really urge anyone to have one as Sara made everything run so smoothly and easily that all we had to worry about was enjoying our wedding day.

Villa Cipressi - Fantastic friendly and professional staff and really excellent food. We had some excellent canapes and then the most amazing wedding breakfast. Both of us are real foodies and have eaten in some pretty special restaurants around the world but the food here was up there - feel free to email me directly for our food choices and opinions because we really didn't have a bad course.

Fillipo Barindelli Taxi Boat (Bellagio) - Very punctual and gave us a great boat tour around the heart of the lake. Really nice boat and a top bloke with very quick responses to emails.

Mario Pirovano florist - slightly out of town in Bellagio (20 min walk) but really professional and well organised and made us some beautiful bouquets that arrived at our hotel exactly when we requested.

Hotel Metolpole (Bellagio) - we were on Lake Como for a week so stayed in Bellagio as there is a lot more to do here than in Varenna and our hotel was really excellent in accommodating our wedding. Prosecco and a fruit basket were waiting for us when we got back after our wedding without us making too much fuss about getting married. Lovely being right on the lake as well!

Hairdresser - Can't remember the name as we booked it last minute - the hairdresser that we had booked on the back of quite a few recommendations on here did not speak any English and did not have the right equipment to do the job. The hairdressers next to Villa Serbelloni in Bellagio were brilliant and they opened early for us and cleared their other clients as we were desperate at the last minute! Thoroughly recommended...

Things to do - Two musts are Cavaturacciolo wine bar in Bellagio for wine tasting evening and Ristorante Il Caminetto in Varenna for a cookery class (separate reviews already posted).

Hope this might help any prospective brides or grooms looking to get married in Varenna or on Lake Como and please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions about how we structured our day, suppliers' email addresses, prices, etc.

london
reviews: 7
31. Re: Weddings in Varenna

Hi berti,

I can't remember the name of our hairdresser but it was at the salon next to Hotel Villa Serbeloni in Bellagio and she was really great and most importantly spoke English and used products and equipment familiar to England (Kerastase and GHD). This made everything much easier than another salon that we visited that only spoke Italian and used quite old fashioned equipment (straightening with a curling tong?!?).

For the boat, we used Fillipo Barindelli in Bellagio and he was fantastic and very well priced. Very easy to communicate with, very punctual and a really nice guy.

For places to stay, we all stayed in Bellagio as that has a lot more to do than Varenna and added quite a nice touch in that the bride arrived via private boat on the day (with Fillippo). Varenna is very small with very few hotels and not a great deal to do whereas Bellagio is larger with a far greater choice of restaurants and things to keep you busy. Bellagio has a lot of larger restaurants which helps to cater for large groups and there are more choices of accommodation to cater for different people. We stayed in Hotel Metropole which was lovely being right on the lake and the groom also stayed in Hotel du Lac which was also nice. Hotels on Lake Como are generally quite expensive and ones like Villa Serbeloni charge quite a premium (e650 per night!) and even average hotels are around e150 per night. We have stayed in La Limonera apartments and these were nice with everything you need and in a great location. Some of our guests also stayed in Il Borgo Residence and these were also nice, well located and offered good value for money. With accommodation, having an apartment is nice in the sense that you get more space for your money with a kitchen area and usually a seating area so is especially better for families as you have food and drink on hand at all times (kids thirsty in the night etc). It is also quite nice to have the choice of acting like a local and enjoy a nice continental breakfast with the family in the comfort of your own home.

As for other places to stay, Menaggio is really nice and much bigger than Belaggio and Varenna so has more to do. However, Belaggio is known as the pearl of the lake for a reason in that it is just so beautiful with it's cobbled streets and traditional tourism (no advertising signs there!) and as a location is ideal to visit other places around the lake.

Hope all of this helps and let me know if you have any other questions...

herts
reviews: 3
32. Re: Weddings in Varenna

Hi we are getting married in lake como and would love some good advice and rough prices to compare and need a good wedding planner that does not charge the earth!!!! Can u email me jackie.dunbar1@ntlworld.com if u get a free mo thanks

herts
33. Re: Weddings in Varenna

Hi we are getting married in lake como and would love some good advice and rough prices to compare and need a good wedding planner that does not charge the earth!!!! Can u email me jackie.dunbar1@ntlworld.com if u get a free mo thanks

Benfleet, United...
reviews: 1
34. Re: Weddings in Varenna

Hi

Sally from lake como weddings is fantastic help and dosent charge a fortune.

Thanks

herts
35. Re: Weddings in Varenna

Thank u for this would love to know rough costs

herts
36. Re: Weddings in Varenna

Thank u for this would love to know rough costs and in your opinion is there any more beautiful scenic restaurants to eat in as I'm looking at ceremony in villa del bellagioro and then boat to restaurant or poss the full ceremony at villa ciprissi???? Any thoughts???

Benfleet, United...
37. Re: Weddings in Varenna

Hi

i booked mine through a seperate wedding planner but in hindsight wished i'd booked sally for all of our wedding. ive booked parts through her and by far she is reliable and readonable.

Im getting married in villa cipressi in august and it is a beautiful venue. villa balbinello is also lovely

Jersey
reviews: 6
38. Re: Weddings in Varenna

Hi there, what were the prices like for this particular hairdresser, thanks

Bristol
39. Re: Weddings in Varenna

Hi there

Really interested to read your post about the wedding - sounds as if you had a great day.

One question - were you able to have dancing after dinner at the villa cipressi - i read one review which suggested it was somewhat rushed at the end but it was not clear whether it was just poor timing on their part.

Also, are its prices reasonable in general?

thanks

Lydia

40. Re: Weddings in Varenna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 am, October 01, 2013