We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get to lake como from Cadorna Nord? Day trip

Which Como hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
reviews: 5
How to get to lake como from Cadorna Nord? Day trip

Me and my partner will be in Milan for 3 nights and would like to do a day trip to the lakes. We'll be staying right near Cadorna Nord so would ideally like to travel to the lakes from there. I know we can get straight trains to Como Nord Lago, but could we just want to the lakes from there? We'd like to be able to go in them and be somewhere picturesque.

Lecco looks beautfiul, but is the lovely scenery walkable from Lecco station? As we are only going for the day we don't want to spend too much time travelling. Also how feasible would it be to get to bellagio?

Would really appreciate any help! Thanks

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
1. Re: How to get to lake como from Cadorna Nord? Day trip

Here is a good round trip. Take a train from Milan Central station to Varenna. Spend some time looking around this pretty little town, then go down to the waterfront and catch the short ferry ride to Bellagio. You can spend some time in this town, and have lunch at a waterfront restaurant. Then take the long and scenic ferry ride to Como, then a train from Como Lago station to Milan Cadorna.

Montreal
2. Re: How to get to lake como from Cadorna Nord? Day trip

Como Lago, the last stop on the train from Cadorna, is only a few steps from the boat dock. Take a boat to Bellagio or almost anywhere on Lake Como.

www.navigazionelaghi.it/eng/c_orari.asp

London, United...
reviews: 5
3. Re: How to get to lake como from Cadorna Nord? Day trip

Thanks for this!

Is the boat dock near Como Nord Lago just called Como? As this seems to be the only option when I go onto the ferry website.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
4. Re: How to get to lake como from Cadorna Nord? Day trip

Yes.

5. Re: How to get to lake como from Cadorna Nord? Day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:40 pm, June 22, 2013