We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vodafone or Tim Stores in Bellagio

Which Bellagio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
55 reviews
Vodafone or Tim Stores in Bellagio

We are spending four nights in Bellagio next year. This will be our first stop in Italy.

Is there a Vodafone or a Tim store in the town so we can purchase nano sims for our ipads? I know we can probably get one at the airport, but we have a complimentary car transfer booked and probably will not have the time or energy after a flight from Australia.

Thanks, Deb

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
55 reviews
1. Re: Vodafone or Tim Stores in Bellagio

Bump - anybody know?

4 posts
2. Re: Vodafone or Tim Stores in Bellagio

You will not found those in Bellagio.

Nearest stores are in COMO or LECCO.

So if you don't think to visit those towns once in Bellagio, purchase the sims in the airport.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
55 reviews
3. Re: Vodafone or Tim Stores in Bellagio

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately won't have time at the airport, so will need to purchase online before I leave.

Varenna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
Level Contributor
520 posts
10 reviews
4. Re: Vodafone or Tim Stores in Bellagio

I don't believe you can buy sim chips in the airport, anyway, though they do rent overpriced phones to the unwary. There is an easy stop you can make in Como, however, on a street that will be directly on your way to Bellagio.

To get to Bellagio, you'd normally take the A8 toward Milan from the airport, then catch the A9 back up toward Como. Exit at Como Sud and follow black-on-white signs for Como Centro (or just "Centro"), and white-on-blue signs for Bellagio once you see them. (Here's a GoogleMaps link for the overview: http://goo.gl/maps/311iK)

At a certain point, you'll get to the outskirts of the historic center (big stone towers, should be obvious), and should wind up on Via Carlo Cattaneo which you'll follow to the train tracks. At the train tracks, turn left onto Viale Lecco immediately while crossing them.

Viale Lecco has lots of pay parking spaces along the left side, although with the market that day and the usual Como traffic issues, you may not find an open spot. Since you have a driver anyway, just have him or her pull over and double-park to wait for you there while you go over to the shop [you're unlikely to be the only illegally waiting car -- the best option is to pull over to the left perpendicular and just behind a couple of parked cars, then slid ahead if someone has to pull out while you're waiting].

You have two options at this point:

1) There is a Vodafone dealer *inside* the Expert shop on the right side directly on Viale Lecco.

OR

2) There's a TIM shop on Via Indipendenza, basically just across and slightly up from the parking garage, but unfortunately right at the point where there's no break in the tracks to cross. You'd need to go around them to the left or right to cross. (There's a big stone wall to the right of Via Indipendenza, as you can see if you check in Street View on GoogleMaps.) The shop is at the corner of Via Indipendenza and Via Vittorio Emmanuele.

When you get back to retrieve your car, simply continue on Viale Lecco (bobbing to the right at the weird pseudo-intersection with the park on your right and old center on your left) as it transitions into Via Manzoni, and after about 45 min. of twisty road, you will arrive in Bellagio. (More GoogleMaps http://goo.gl/maps/8xtrj)

Hope that helps. If all else fails, I believe there are also a couple of phone shops in Menaggio, although I can't confirm that at the moment.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,334 posts
55 reviews
5. Re: Vodafone or Tim Stores in Bellagio

Thank you Kat_Testerossa for all the detailed info. As I think I mentioned earlier, we have a complimentary limo transfer from Malpensa to Bellagio, so not sure if he will be willing to stop, but we can always ask.

I would appreciate it if you happen to find out about Menaggio, you could post it here.

Thanks again, Deb

6. Re: Vodafone or Tim Stores in Bellagio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, December 22, 2014