We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel from lake como??

Which Bellagio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
mumbai
reviews: 23
travel from lake como??

I wanted to keep a base for around 6-7 days and do daytrips to lake garda, lake como, milan, turin, gardaland (for the kids). Which will be the best place to keep base from the point of view of easy local transport and relatively reasonable costs of stay, whether lake como (since I am partial to scenic views) or anyof the above mentioned destinations or any other. Please help.

3 replies to this topic
Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 125
1. Re: travel from lake como??

If you want to visit all the places on your list as day trips then Milan would be the best option because you're all over the place, with Turin and Lake Como on the other side of Milan than Lake Garda and Gardaland, I personally would stick to Lake Garda and do day trips to Gardaland, Verona and Venice and leave Lake Como for another trip.

mumbai
reviews: 23
2. Re: travel from lake como??

Thanks for the suggestion

So you suggest that I can stay in the following places

1) Lake Garda and do day trips to Venice, Gardaland and Verona

2) Lake Como and do day trips to Milan

Is that right?

Any other suggestions to combine any other destinations ( which are scenic) to the above if I stay for around 4-5 days at each place.

If so will hiring a car be a better option or are these places well connected by local transport for easy travel?

New York City, New...
3. Re: travel from lake como??

looks like it will be rainy for this week

Reply to: travel from lake como??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted