We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

Which Bellagio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Flushing, New York
Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

Hi, can anyone help me with the transportation from Malpensa to Lake Como. We know it's about 15 miles distance between this 2 places and most people were saying it's only by train or car to get to Lake Como. Is there any bus from the airport can go directly to Lake Como without going into Milano Centrale? Thank you.

30 replies to this topic
11. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

Think I'll go for the less hassle option. Found a transfer for €110. A lot of money, but I think worth it for the peace of mind. Would hate to miss a connection or make a mistake with a train. Girlfriend isn't the best flyer. Don't fancy puttin any extra stress on her.

Tallahassee
reviews: 23
12. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

This a great thread! So specifically helpful. :)

I am looking for travel by train then ferry to Lake Como, Hotel Du Lac

I am scheduled to arrive in Malpensa at 10:35 AM. I am told that Airport to Ferry at the bottom eastern tip of Lake Como on to the ferry is the way to go.

Any advice, suggestions and or lessons learned is appreciated. This is my first trip to Europe. It is a father daughter vacation.

Pensacola Beach...
reviews: 18
13. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

What will be taxi fare from Milan international airport to Bellagio? How long will it take? Do you need a rental car to get around Bellagio area for couple of days in October 2014?

Uk
reviews: 18
14. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

Taxi from malpensa to bellagio last week with Intaxicar.com was 115 euros.

Driver waited over an hour as flight was delayed due to French air strike. Was professional and very friendly.

Took 1 hour 20 minutes to get to hotel.

London, United...
reviews: 55
15. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

We're arriving at Malpensa via easy-jet at 18.15pm. Getting train into Milan Centrale then another train to Varenna. Then ferry from there to Belagio. Can anyone help with train times? Looking at ferry schedule the last one is 11pm ish. Can we make it?

Should be buy return tickets at Malpensa when we arrive? Does this ticket do the complete train journey? Obviously the ferry will be separate.

Many thanks for any help you can give.

muskego, wi
reviews: 1
16. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

we are flying easy jet - getting in at 22:50 - on sunday night - august 3rd - going to Algergo Terminus Hotel (Lake Como) - what is the best way to get from the airport to the hotel? the less $$$...... thank you.... and if you could be specific? as to train ties etc.... i'm confused on the times on the internet and don't want to mess it up - as it is myself (mom) and daughter... thank you so much!

melbourne
reviews: 40
17. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

We have done this trip several times! When you arrive at airport head to train station which is within airport and ask for ticket to como Lago , train from Milan airport to sorona you then get off it's about 5 stop from airport then change platform to go on train direct to como Lago easy trip but not sure about times late at night !

Kathmandu, Nepal
18. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

Hello,

I am planning to visit Lake Como on 12 oct 2014. i am concern about the transport form Malpensa Airport to Lake Como. shuttle fare is too high for me. So, i want to know about the train service. Is it possible, on spot payment for train service, without booking?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
19. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

There are no bookings on these local trains. You just buy a ticket, time-stamp it in a machine at the station, and get on the train.

You can either take a train to Milano Centrale and change there for a train to Varenna; or take a train towards Milano Cadorna, getting off at Sarenno for a train to Como Lago.

London, United...
reviews: 55
20. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

We have just come back from Bellagio, Lake Como. We travelled Easy Jet and they sold bus ticket (same price) on plane into Milan Centrale. Arrived at 18,30pm. Came straight out of Terminal 2 onto bus waiting outside. 3/4 hour later dropped at Milan Centrale. Looking for ticket machine asked by a "local" if we needed help. We said yes, and he took us to machine, sorted out ticket, and did ask us for the change which was about 4 euros. Worth every penny. We then got the local train to Varenna-Esino which was about 1 hour. Got out and walked down to the ferry. The only bad news was the ferry that should have come around 9.30pm or 10.30pm arrived at 11.03pm. Nice hotel right by ferry where we had something to eat whilst waiting and they phoned our hotel to tell them to pick us up from the late ferry. It worked well.

Reply to: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted