We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

Which Bellagio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Flushing, New York
Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

Hi, can anyone help me with the transportation from Malpensa to Lake Como. We know it's about 15 miles distance between this 2 places and most people were saying it's only by train or car to get to Lake Como. Is there any bus from the airport can go directly to Lake Como without going into Milano Centrale? Thank you.

21 replies to this topic
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
1. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

There is no bus between October 15 and April (see the other thread you've posted on).

There are trains to Como Lago station with one change in Saronno, which is a shorter route to the lake than going via Milano Centrale.

It's 36 miles by road from the airport to Como rather than 15, and further to anywhere else on the lake.

Edited: 1:57 pm, October 03, 2013
Flushing, New York
2. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

Thanks so much for the valuable info! I already sent an email to Flytolake.com see if they have service on 4/14/14. According to my husband the shuttle is cheaper than taking the train.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
3. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

Your husband is wrong.

From Malpensa to Varenna, the train fare is €16.45. And the ferry fare from Varenna to Bellagio is €4.60. The shuttle fare if there are only two of you is €50 each.

The very cheapest way of reaching Bellagio is by train to Como Lago via Saronno @ €8.75 then bus @ around €4 I think.

To confirm train fares, see www.trenitalia.com clicking the UK flag for English and using a date this week, as Regional tickets are only available online up to seven days in advance, though fares do not change.

Edited: 8:21 pm, October 03, 2013
Ulverston, United...
reviews: 3
4. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

My husband and I are travelling to bellagio next April. I have just read your message about train and ferry fares, but wondered how do we get from Malpensa Airport to the train station. We will be staying at the Hotel Bellagio and wondered if the ferry stop is nearby the hotel.

Thank you.

Barbara

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
5. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

The train station called Malpensa Aeroporto is attached to Terminal One at the airport. Just follow the signs - you don't have to go outside. Unless you're flying EasyJet, in which case you land at Terminal Two and will need to take a free shuttle bus to T1.

It looks as if your hotel is fairly near the ferry landing, though you may have to climb a flight of steps to get there. Ask the hotel for the best route - unusually, there seem to be no helpful directions on its website.

Ulverston, United...
reviews: 3
6. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

Thank you Perilizia. As you have suggested I will ask the hotel people when I book. Usually transfers are very easy, but this one is a little more tricky.

Barbara

7. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

Hi, looking for a little advice as well. Travelling to milan in January for 2 nights, and have also booked 2 nights in bellagio before flying home. Getting from to milan to bellagio I'm not to bothered about, we have all day. Our flight home however is at 11am. Is it realistic to get from bellagio to malpensa at that time off day?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
8. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

No, it is not realistic. The first train from Varenna leaves at 05.26 and this would not get you to Malpensa until 08.17. Much too tight, even for a flight within Europe.

It would be helpful if you could amend your profile to say where you are from. I don't know where "home" is.

9. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

Thanks nick. Looks like I'll be forking out for a taxi then. I did think that might be the case.

I'll get to work on the profile. Home is Edinburgh.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
10. Re: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como

You could save some money by getting a taxi to Como Lago station, from where the 6.36 gets you to the airport at 7.34 after a change in Saronno for €8.75, with a similar connection one hour later. But taxi all the way would certainly be less hassle.

Reply to: Malpensa Airport to Lake Como
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted