We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in April, 2014?

Which Bellagio hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas
reviews: 15
Hotels in April, 2014?

My wife and I are planning a trip to Italy in early April. One of the stops we had hoped to make was Bellagio. But I've checked into two hotels so far and both won't open until mid-April (until after we're gone). Is this the norm in Bellagio -- that hotels there don't open back up until mid-April? Is it also true for a lot of the restaurants, etc.? If so, we may have to change that part of the itinerary. Thanks in advance.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
1. Re: Hotels in April, 2014?

Hi,

Most places open for Easter which is the 20th of April next year so everything will be pretty much closed until then.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 127
2. Re: Hotels in April, 2014?

Just to add, have a look at Lake Garda as it's busier there and a lot of the hotels are open all year.

Lezzeno, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
reviews: 8
3. Re: Hotels in April, 2014?

Any non-hotel restaurants worth their salt should be open by then, with the possible exception of Bilacus. (There are, after all, several thousand of us living in the immediate area who also eat out on occasion.) It's a nice time to visit if you prefer to beat the crowds and enjoy a more serene atmosphere.

Both Hotel Centrale & Hotel Bellagio will be open, if you haven't tried those yet, as will many apartment rentals.

Dallas
reviews: 15
4. Re: Hotels in April, 2014?

Thank you, Kat. Of the two hotels, do you have a preference?

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
5. Re: Hotels in April, 2014?

Also consider the lovely Hotel Silvio - Hotel Silvio typically opens in March!

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187834-d298586…

Vagabonda

Como, Italy
6. Re: Hotels in April, 2014?

Hotels in Bellagio usually open from Mid March

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
7. Re: Hotels in April, 2014?

More like mid-April or Easter....

Vagabonda

Milan, Italy
8. Re: Hotels in April, 2014?

Or you can choose a B&B.

Lezzeno, Italy
Destination Expert
for Lake Como
9. Re: Hotels in April, 2014?

Hi Pasquali,

Most of my information on hotels is by word of mouth (plus local gossip) rather than actual experience -- obviously living here, I don't have a lot of occasion to stay in local hotels. That said, from what I gather the likely difference lies in views/ambiance vs. service/value.

My understanding is basically this:

Hotel Centrale (http://www.hc-bellagio.com) skews slightly more toward warm-personal-family-budget -- no prime lake views and maybe more cozy than stylish, but their hardworking staff is obliging and helpful, and all essential amenities (phone, Internet, A/C) are provided. They're the only hotel that operates year-round in the center, and my guess is that they're more likely to go the "extra-mile," if that's important to you.

Hotel Bellagio (http://www.hotelbellagio.it) has more resources (they run another hotel as well as a pool & sporting club outside of town), great views, and possibly has nicer furnishings and what-have-you, but may be less "personal" and looks to be a little more expensive.

That's just my vague sense -- both have very good reviews on TA, so I don't think you'd go wrong either way. You might see if there's a big difference in price for your dates and read through some of the reviews (traveler photos are probably my favorite thing about TA -- much better indicators than hotel Web sites).

Centrale has 3 stars while Bellagio has 2, but stars in Italy have to do with whether certain amenities or services (24 check-in, bidets, uniformed personnel, number of languages spoken, etc.) exist rather than any measure of quality ... plus the differences between 2 & 3 aren't especially noteworthy as I recall.

Hope that helps some.

Buon viaggio!

10. Re: Hotels in April, 2014?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, September 01, 2014