We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Verona or Bologna?

Which Lake Como hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco...
reviews: 6
Verona or Bologna?

Hi everyone,

My boyfriend and I are planning a trip to Northern Italy in August. We will be flying into Milan and spending about 5 days in the area before taking a train to Ancona and taking a ferry to Croatia, where we'll be traveling with a larger group.

We are planning to stay in Bellagio for 2 days, and then wanted to either visit Verona and Valpolicella for a couple of days or go to Bologna. We're both foodies and love wine, which is why both appeal to us. Verona appeals to us more from an architectural and art standpoint, and we are really excited about touring the vineyards in the area, but the food in Bologna looks amazing and we would waste less time on trains.

Do people have any advice or recommendations on which to choose? Thank you so much in advance!!

South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Verona or Bologna?

Personally, Bologna www.emiliaromagnaturismo.com

San Francisco...
reviews: 6
2. Re: Verona or Bologna?

I've heard that things are mostly closed in Bologna in August-- would that be a problem? We would be arriving around August 14 or 15.

Italy
Destination Expert
for Livigno, Lombardy
reviews: 139
3. Re: Verona or Bologna?

Yes, Bologna will be very quiet in August and the 15th is a national holiday, Verona would be a better option.

Milan, Italy
reviews: 1,204
4. Re: Verona or Bologna?

i prefer Verona, too and i could suggest tripadvisor.it/Hotel_Review-g187871-d561455-…

5. Re: Verona or Bologna?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:20 am, August 08, 2014