We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Balbianello Wedding... Help

Which Lake Como hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds, United...
Villa Balbianello Wedding... Help

Hi,

We are looking to marry at Villa Balbianello next year (2014).. Has anyone married there without the help of a wedding planner who could advise us on the associated costs including hire for ceremony only, celebrant & translator cost + Town Hall Fees with marrying at this venue and how we go about contacting the villa directly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

16 replies to this topic
Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
reviews: 79
1. Re: Villa Balbianello Wedding... Help

No idea if that is possible, but the contact information for the Villa (which is owned by Fondo Ambiente Italiano, something like Britain's National Trust, is here: …fondoambiente.it/beni/villa-del-balbianello…

reviews: 1
2. Re: Villa Balbianello Wedding... Help

Hi, we're looking to get married at Villa Balbianello too but we don't have much time as the wedding is in the first week of June, 2013. We advanced it from March 2014 as the immediate family members will be travelling from different countries to go for a holiday to Italy. we thought, why not?! The problem lies in the wedding coordinator charges which we can do without, as we're having a very small wedding. If you have found any solution to your problem, it will be great if you can share, and we'll do the same. As of now, we have emailed faibalbianello@fondoambiente.it which is an official email. Don't follow the link provided above. You will receive a response from a wedding coordinator who will charge you a minimum of €1800 to arrange a wedding for 10!

3. Re: Villa Balbianello Wedding... Help

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 6:05 am, May 16, 2013

4. Re: Villa Balbianello Wedding... Help

Hi I was wondering how you got on with booking villa balbianello? As u am trying to do the same thing. If you could get back to me with any information that would be great .

Thanks so much

Redditch, United...
reviews: 22
5. Re: Villa Balbianello Wedding... Help

Hello,

We got married there in April 2013 - party of 19. Do you still need help?

Ceri

Moscow, Russia
6. Re: Villa Balbianello Wedding... Help

Ceri,

Could you please tell whether 2 hours is enough for a ceremony and photosession? Or is it better to book the villa for three hours? not sure about the price for the aperitif though...

Moscow, Russia
7. Re: Villa Balbianello Wedding... Help

NAd where was your reception? i'm still looking for a restaurant..

Redditch, United...
reviews: 22
8. Re: Villa Balbianello Wedding... Help

Hello!

So we had 2 hours and it was just enough time for the ceremony and photos. Whilst we had photos the guests went on a tour round which they loved. We then went on an hours cruise round the lake with prosecco etc. it is expensive to add on appetitives but think if I could change what we did then I would add it on... You can enjoy the venue even more and time goes so quickly!

For the reception there was only 19 of us but we went to La Punta... Food was brilliant, staff couldnt have done more and the views gorgeous! It's in Bellagio at the 'tip' of the point... Google map it and you ll see.

We then went to Apperitivo et al for drinks till late :)

Good luck! Anything else let me know!

Ceri x

Moscow, Russia
9. Re: Villa Balbianello Wedding... Help

Hi again Ceri,

Thank you for you answers, invaluable info! I'll definitely try to contact La Punta!

Strangely enough, I've emailed lots of restaurants on Como, but heard back only from one thrid of them... Hope La Punta will be more willing to share information with me;)

Moscow, Russia
10. Re: Villa Balbianello Wedding... Help

Ceri,

May I also ask you how you managed to get to villa balbianello? I mean which boat hire did you use for transportation from hotel to the villa and for the cruise? how much did it cost (at least approximately)?

thanks a lot in advance!

Reply to: Villa Balbianello Wedding... Help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted