We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bergamo too Bella Italia

Which Bergamo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 12
Bergamo too Bella Italia

Hi

I am sure this question has been asked a number of time, but I am getting a little confused. I have read a number of threads regarding travelling down to Bella Italia from Bergamo. We are staying very near the train stations, can we travel either by bus and train, what would be the quickest journey bus or train. We did think about driving but decided not to drive down there.

Would appreciate any information

regards PD

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
reviews: 78
1. Re: Bergamo too Bella Italia

All older threads probably do not mention this new, direct bus link: http://www.orioexpress.it/

munich
reviews: 38
2. Re: Bergamo too Bella Italia

The biggest issue is your flights.

What is your exact overall itinerary. Sometimes it is not about getting to Peschiera from the Airport but getting back. Depending on your EXACT overall itinerary will determine how hard or easy.

As said above there is a new bus service.

Bella italia isn't far from Peschiera train station.

Use www.trenord.it to show train connections "Bergamo" to "Peschiera del Garda".

Use a date within the next 7 days to show the Regional services

Train takes 1h40 with 1 change and costs €7.55

Please Note with Regional tickets you MUST stamp the ticket in one of the yellow boxes at the station platform prior to boarding to validate it. Failure to do so will result in a €50 on the spot fine

Regional tickets are for a Regional journey e.g. Bergamo to Peschiera - but not fixed to a specific day, date or Regional train hence the need to stamp it

Tickets for Fast Intercity services like Frecciabianca, Frecciargento etc are for a specifc train on a specific date/time - like a flight. Seat reservation is automatically included. No need to stamp the ticket.

For other rail services (e.g. Peschiera to Venice) see also www.trenitalia.com

Manchester, United...
reviews: 12
3. Re: Bergamo too Bella Italia

Hi thanks to you both for the great information.

This bus does it stop at the train station in Bergamo and then onto Peschiera del Garda. If it means not having to change on the bus we would rather take the bus, also how long is the journey and how much is the tickets.

thanks again for your patience and information.

Regards PD

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
4. Re: Bergamo too Bella Italia

The bus starts from the airport, not the train station. It is direct, and it only takes 1hour 20 minutes. The website is in Italian but easily readable if you look it up...

Bergamo, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bergamo, Elba Island
reviews: 235
5. Re: Bergamo too Bella Italia

It's E 22 one way, E40 return ticket Children from 3 to 12 have 50% discount and go free under the age of 3. E5 for baggage

Mayo
reviews: 5
6. Re: Bergamo too Bella Italia

Hi FF, Thank you so much for the info on the new bus service. I have tried to calculate what it would cost for 2 Adults and 4 Children (aged 2 to 11) for a return trip from Bergamo to Peschiera but I cannot seem to register on the website. How do you think I could work it out, I cannot seem to register on the site as just wont let me complete the registration process... it is looking for a vat number (i think!!). Have you any ideas. Thank you. BBB3mayo.

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
7. Re: Bergamo too Bella Italia

For fares, see #5 above.

As for registering, I hope that the site will accept that you leave the 'codice fiscale' and 'p.iva' sections blank, as non-Italians generally have neither.

In the worst case scenario, the home page has a telephone number you can call.

All that said, I have no personal experience of this service...

8. Re: Bergamo too Bella Italia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, April 04, 2014