We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flying back from Milan Bergamo and Not sure where to stay!

Which Bergamo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
United Kingdom
reviews: 4
Flying back from Milan Bergamo and Not sure where to stay!

I am flying to Treviso Venice and then staying at the

Holiday Inn at

QUARTO D'ALTINO, 30020

I know I can get a taxi to the hotel for about 40 euros. Then I shall get the train from Mestre to Milan.

My problem is I am flying back from Milan Bergamo and I dont know where to stay!

Would it be better for me to stay in bergamo or Milan or somewhere else?! I would like to stay in a nice hotel but everything is so expensive! We dont have to stay in the centre but I would like a location which enables us to travel around to many of the tourist spots ;) I want to see as much as possible!

We can hire a car, does anyone have any ideas?

Also is it easy to drive in Italy! It will my first time driving abroad!

ireland
1. Re: Flying back from Milan Bergamo and Not sure where to stay!

My advice would be to rent a car because if you can master driving abroad now your future holidays will be a lot easier.

I hired a car for 3 days from pisa airport and drop off in bergamo(130 euro)the first hour was nervous but after that i calmed down.

the freedom of a car can make your holiday alot more enjoyable

goodluck

st lucia
reviews: 1
2. Re: Flying back from Milan Bergamo and Not sure where to stay!

First of all when you are in Quarto d'altino try and eat at the ODINO Restuarant which is attached to the Park Hotel Junior and is only a 5 minute walk from the Holiday Inn Express there.

In Bergamo be sure to stay in Bergamo alta as this is the nicest part of the city and also where all of the evening activities are.

A nice hotel there which has lovely views and although not right in the centre, it's a pleasant stroll there is www.lavallettabergamo.it

Regards to driving, yes it's without a doubt the best way to do it. However, as a first time driver to Italy, I would avoid August as roads are very busy and you'll spend more time in traffic jams than anything else especially at weekends and the week from 13-20 August.

The road from Venice to Milan the famous A4 is also very busy and I would get some practise in first before going on there as a first timer.

Having said that the car will give you much more freedom.

Congratulations too on choosing a hotel near but not in Venice------over priced and overrated in many cases. The area you are in is great to reach Venice and you can also do a cruise down from there which takes in all the little viallges and canals it's a perfect way to do it.

Bergamo
reviews: 6
3. Re: Flying back from Milan Bergamo and Not sure where to stay!

hello.

I can suggest you to stay at Oxio B&B which is between Bergamo and Milano. You will see, it is not expensive but you will feel well there.

st lucia
reviews: 1
4. Re: Flying back from Milan Bergamo and Not sure where to stay!

Have just found the info on another place I have stayed in Bergamo and would thouroughly reccomend.

It's a small B&B which I usually wouldn't have used but found it by chance and thought it was lovely.

It's called Villa Luna and has the ideal location of being within walking distance of Bergamo Alta. It's so clean and the lady who runs it is very nice. www.bbvillaluna.it

I cann't remember if we paid 20 or 25 euros per person per night but it was well worth it and the breakfast was good too.