We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bergamo to Milan at Midnight?

Which Bergamo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
UK
reviews: 1
Bergamo to Milan at Midnight?

I am arranging a surprise trip for my son and his girfriend to go to Milan. The Ryanair flight arrives at about midnight. By the time they clear the airport it could be 1AM.

I suspect the best option is to stay overnight local to the airport or train station in Bergamo and then get bus from airport or train from town.

To do this will need a 24 hour hotel close to airport or train station. Any suggestions?

Note on the way back they will be stopping in Bergarmo old city so the arrival hotel just needs to be convenient for onward travel.

Also how much would a taxi direct to Milan cost at that time of the morning? This would be just an option. Cheers Jim

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
reviews: 79
1. Re: Bergamo to Milan at Midnight?

A taxi would cost a hell of a lot -- it's at least 50 km, so the metered ride could well be in excess of 100 euro -- but Terravision shuttle buses always wait for incoming Ryanair flights -- so proceeding to Milan right away shouldn't be a problem.

2. Re: Bergamo to Milan at Midnight?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:29 am, August 30, 2009