We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help! From Santa Margherita to Monaco

Which Santa Margherita Ligure hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Long Island, New...
reviews: 45
Help! From Santa Margherita to Monaco

Please help me with any information on getting from Santa Maargherita Ligure to Monaco, France. I would like to take the train....but do you have to change trains at the border?? Where does the train stop, how long is the ride. etc!

Is it possible to take a bus?

I'd appreciate any info! Thank you so much!

South Australia
reviews: 12
1. Re: Help! From Santa Margherita to Monaco

You can check train times over the next seven days, Santa Margherita Ligure to Ventimiglia (Italy/France border) www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

Train Ventimiglia to Monaco www.tgv-europe.com/en

European bus operator www.eurolines.com

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
2. Re: Help! From Santa Margherita to Monaco

http://www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html will show you train times from Santa Margherita Ligure to Monaco. It will not show you prices.

The website will show you prices only as far as Ventimiglia, where you always have to change onto a French train. To see all prices, use a date this week, as fares for journeys solely by Regional train are NA online more than seven days ahead. However, it will show times, and prices for journeys using InterCity trains, up to December. Click 'Details by selection' for more details of each connection - an additional change of train is often required in Genova Brignole or Genova Piazza Principe.

The full timetable of trains from Ventimiglia to Monaco is here …ter-sncf.com/Images/Paca/Tridion/FH04-Mande… There are no reservations or advance reductions on these local commuter trains. Buy tickets in Ventimiglia, or (probably) Santa Margherita for €4 each.

There are no buses suitable for a journey from Santa Margherita to Monaco, by Eurolines or any other bus company.

Edited: 2:48 am, July 16, 2012
Monza, Italy
reviews: 129
3. Re: Help! From Santa Margherita to Monaco

I linfer. I went to Montecarlo a couple of weeks ago, and started my journey from Diano Marina.

Well, at the ticket office I was given 3 tickets:

- Diano Marina - Ventimiglia

- Ventimiglia - Monaco Montecarlo - Ventimiglia (€ 7.60 adult price and € 3.80 for kids- I've got the ticket in front of me)

- Ventimiglia - Diano Marina

Remember that you must stamp your tickets before boarding the train in the yellow box machines, also in Montecarlo.

Enjoy it!

Long Island, New...
reviews: 45
4. Re: Help! From Santa Margherita to Monaco

Thank you all so much!! Londra92, I was thinking of going to Diano Marina. Is it nice? Thanks!

Monza, Italy
reviews: 129
5. Re: Help! From Santa Margherita to Monaco

It was my first time in Diano Marina (had been to Spotorno and Finale Ligure few years ago) and liked it very much.

Maybe a little be too crowed for my liking (we were there for two weeks at the end of june), the beach is not big, but there'sthe sand and not stones.

The centre is very nice, many small and interesting shops and, if you have a sweet tooth, I'll let you know where to go and buy Baci di Diano: …mondodelgusto.it/2010/… and Gobeletti: …blogspot.it/2011/05/de-amicis-ed-i-gobelett…

Should you go there, don't miss Cervo; it's easily reachable by bus (it takes about 10 minutes): http://www.cervo.com/

6. Re: Help! From Santa Margherita to Monaco

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, July 21, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Santa Margherita Ligure