We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

have open point to point train ticket- where do I find sched

Which Santa Margherita Ligure hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey/USA
reviews: 2
have open point to point train ticket- where do I find sched

Our travel agent booked an open point to point train ticket for us to travel from Santa Margharita to Florence and told us we would need to change trains in Vezzano Ligure. The total train time is 4 hours which seems long. Where do I see these schedules?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
1. Re: have open point to point train ticket- where do I find sched

Train schedules are on http://trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html - enter 'Santa Margherita Ligure' and 'Florence' and a date before June 13. Schedules from June 13 to December will become available soon.

As you have an open ticket, you are only allowed to travel on the slow Regional trains. So you must select a journey in which each train is in train category 'R'. You cannot travel on trains in categories IC and ES, as these trains required a seat reservation on a specified train.

Forget completely about changing trains in Vezzano Ligure. While it would be possible to do so on some connections, on others it is not possible at all. Just change trains where the site tells you to change in each connection, most often at both la Spezia and Pisa..

I hope you did not pay too much for this ticket. The price in Italy is €12.40, and as there are no reserved seats on these trains, there is little point in buying in advance.

New Jersey/USA
reviews: 2
2. Re: have open point to point train ticket- where do I find sched

thank you for helping but when I enter Santa Margherita ligure the site says no station corrsponds to search criteria? Am I doing somethin wrong?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
3. Re: have open point to point train ticket- where do I find sched

If you enter Santa Margherita Ligure as your origin, the site does say 'no solution found', but it gives you a page with a box showing 'from' Santa Margherita Ligure-Portofino (which is the full name of the station) and 'to' your destination. You just click 'start search' below that box.

In my opinion this is easier than typing the full name of the station, and easier to explain than typing only Santa Margherita, as that strategy produces two results of which the one immediately on display is the 'wrong' SM!

4. Re: have open point to point train ticket- where do I find sched

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, November 21, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Santa Margherita Ligure