We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa margherita or rapallo?

Which Santa Margherita Ligure hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ma
reviews: 3
Santa margherita or rapallo?

Going to the riviera in july-August. Want a central base to go to Cinque Terre, Portofino, Camogli and Genoa. Which town would be better for the late afternoon and evening hours and for restaurnants? Side question...can we take the boat to Vernazza in Cinque Terre?

Italian Riviera
reviews: 14
1. Re: Santa margherita or rapallo?

I'd stay in Santa Margherita certainly prettier than Rapallo and with more activities.

I'm not sure about Vernazza but I know there are many boat connections to the 5 terre.

Ma
reviews: 3
2. Re: Santa margherita or rapallo?

Thank you ,Alice. We actually decided to stay in Camogli at the Cenobio dei dogi. We are planning to take two half day tours of Genoa, a train to monterosso and then boat trips to CT villages, a boat trip to San Frutuosso and Portofino. Any other suggestions for day trips? And do you know of any one day cooking classes in the area?

3. Re: Santa margherita or rapallo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 28, 2009