We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rapallo to Nice Airport - quickest way?

Which Rapallo hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newcastle upon...
reviews: 2
Rapallo to Nice Airport - quickest way?

Travelling from Rapallo to Nice airport on July 24th 2012. We need to be there by 12 noon latest.

What is the best plan? Taxi transfers are too expensive.

I understand from a previous post that there is a bus at 5.50 am but

my friend gets travel sickness on buses.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
1. Re: Rapallo to Nice Airport - quickest way?

The bus is here http://www.volpibus.com/orari.asp/l/50 How you'd get into Genoa I don't know - you can't securely make this bus from the first train out of Rapallo, and a taxi would be much more than the train fare to Nice.

There is a horribly slow Regional train (no reserved seats, no advance booking required or possible, but tickets can be bought in advance in Italy) at 5.48 from Rapallo which gets to Ventimiglia at 9.39 http://www.lefrecce.it/ Cost €14.40

There are trains every 30 minutes from Ventimiglia to Nice Ville and Nice St Augustin stations …ter-sncf.com/Images/Paca/Tridion/FH04-Mande… cost €7

From Nice Ville, there is an airport bus every 30 minutes taking 15 minutes for €4. From St Augustin, walk if you have a backpack or very light luggage - see the airport website for route.

Newcastle upon...
2. Re: Rapallo to Nice Airport - quickest way?

Thanks for that! Lots of options. Trying to avoid having to get up too early but need to make the flight when all's said and done so the early train from Rapallo sounds like a solution. My friend is convinced that if we get the 8.55 train from Genoa to Ventimiglia and book a taxi from there to Nice we should have enough time, but I would like re-assurance on this plan! Any advice? It's not the cheapest way!!!

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
3. Re: Rapallo to Nice Airport - quickest way?

The 8.55 from Genoa should in theory be OK, and to get that you only need to leave Rapallo at 7.33. There are usually taxis waiting at Ventimiglia station, and the drive takes about forty minutes . Most certainly it won't be cheap - I don't know exactly, but around €125 would be my estimate. Maybe a little cheaper if booked in advance?

But note that trains don't always arrive on time, and if this train is more than 15 minutes late (after its four hour journey from Milan), you won't be in time at the airport . I wouldn't risk it - but you may be a gambler and have good travel insurance.

Newcastle upon...
4. Re: Rapallo to Nice Airport - quickest way?

Thank you for that, it's helpful, and confirms my worst fears! A gambler I am not! We had looked into pre-booking taxis and it does work out a little cheaper but wasted if we're not there in time! The nail biting continues!!

South Australia
reviews: 12
5. Re: Rapallo to Nice Airport - quickest way?

Should you be returning to Newcastle upon Tyne www.jet2.com have flights from Pisa to Newcastle

Train Rapallo to Pisa www.trenitalia.it/homepage_en.html

Regional train times check seven days in advance

Newcastle upon...
6. Re: Rapallo to Nice Airport - quickest way?

Thanks, but flights already booked on easyJet. If we'd given this trip a bit more thought life would have been simpler!

7. Re: Rapallo to Nice Airport - quickest way?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:42 am, June 21, 2013