We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portofino Hotel and Transport

Which Portofino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco, CA
reviews: 1
Portofino Hotel and Transport

We just returned from 8 days at the Amalfi coast. The weather is perfect at the end of September. We stated at the Hotel Miramare in

central Positano, and it was excellent: friendly, quiet, nice and large rooms, spectacular views, and A/C that makes you need an extra blanket at night. We would certainly stay here again. We hired a driver

to take us around the Amalfi coast, as well as transport us to and from

Rome. He is a local, living in Sorrento (another place that we stayed), and added signifidcantly to the quality of our vacation. He knew the best (and best value) places to eat in all the towns along the

Amalfi coast, is experienced at driving the Amalfi highway (something that I would advise most tourists to avoid doing themselves), informative and excellent company. I would certainly recommend him:

Aniello Russo, 0039 081 8771899, mail is info@host2cost.com.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 48
1. Re: Portofino Hotel and Transport

Do you mean Positano ?

Brooklyn, New York
reviews: 10
2. Re: Portofino Hotel and Transport

Hi! I've seen great reviews for this hotel but someone told me there are alot of steps to get to the hotel entrance. I haven't seen anyone complain about it so maybe it's not so bad. Can you confirm for me? We went to Positano last August and want to go back again. We wanted a hotel with a better balcony and sea view. Can't remember where exactly the Miramare is. Can you tell me another hotel or restaurant that was close to it. Is it near the Positano shops? How was the breakfast? Sorry to bombard you - so hard to make these decisions alone. Especially when travelling with a group. Thanks for your help.

California
3. Re: Portofino Hotel and Transport

Try the Hotel Marincanto in Positano. I think best views of any hotel. Great location..no stairs to hike. Just walk down the road for a few minutes. It is just up the street from the Sirunese. Or you can walk to town via the beach. This way you need to walk some stairs, but nothing too bad. It is set on the cliff so no other buildings in front of you and the sea.

Brooklyn, New York
4. Re: Portofino Hotel and Transport

Thanks so much. I will definitely look up that one! Lorraine

Brooklyn, New York
5. Re: Portofino Hotel and Transport

Thanks so much calikidd - the Marincanto seems perfect! They have availability and the prices are good even for my brother who needs a triple room. I've read mostly good reviews, some people mention it's better to stay in the newer section. Is there a big difference between the standard and superior rooms. All say they have balconies and sea views. Any additional advice I can glom from you? All is very much appreciated! THANKS AGAIN! Lorraine

Palm Coast, Florida
6. Re: Portofino Hotel and Transport

Hi

Going to Amalfi coast in Sept, tried to e-mail Mr Russo at info@host2cost.com. Can't seem to get thru? Is there another address??

7. Re: Portofino Hotel and Transport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:25 pm, August 19, 2009