We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Positano steps

Which Portofino hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Perth, Australia
reviews: 23
Positano steps

Hi,

Could someone please help me find some accommodation in Positano with VERY few steps. My friend has a bad leg and cant do toooo many steps. Have tried the booking sites and hotel sites but they are not very forthcoming with step informatiion!

Any comment would be helpful,

Thankyou in advance.

Travelling in late August this year

St. Marys, OH
reviews: 14
1. Re: Positano steps

You posted this in the PORTOFINO forum, not the Positano forum. You'd get better responses there.

Perth, Australia
2. Re: Positano steps

Hi,

Am travelling to Posiitano in August with elderly people and was wondering if it is worth trying to get acommodation there with very few steps if not,what would be the alternatives near there. I am told that the whole place has steps rather than roads? Is this correct?

Thankyou inadvance,

Perth, Australia
3. Re: Positano steps

Yes, had trouble getting Positant to come up............Tks Hope I have a right now.................

U.S. expats
Destination Expert
for Windsor, London
reviews: 126
4. Re: Positano steps

Here is the Positano forum:

tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g194863-i286-Posit…

I can say from experience that if you are traveling with a person with mobility issues, I would look for another town. Positano is a vertical village cut into a cliff. Virtually everything is up or down. I ended up calling it "city of a thousand steps" because that's what it felt like.

A better pick for you might be Ravello, which is flat, has gorgeous views, and two quite wonderful gardens to visit.

http://www.comune.ravello.sa.it/

Perth, Australia
5. Re: Positano steps

thankyou sooo much Laura RW, this is the information I am looking.for.

Tks once again

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
6. Re: Positano steps

Yes, do not go to Positano if there are any mobility issues BUT you can check for places in the town of Amalfi itself if you want to stay near the sea/beach rather than being high up above it in Ravello (which is about a 20-30 minute drive UP from Amalfi) - Ravello is lovely with gorgeous views because of its high position but to get to the sea, you will need transportation.

Amalfi itself does, of course, still have a lot of areas that require steps but there is much of the village that is flat - as the main narrow little road that runs straight through the village which is lined with shops, restaurants and everyone walks along it. The area right by the beach/sea is flat for the most part - I would suggest, if wanting to be closer to the sea - you may want to check for a place in Amalfi.

Amalfi is also the transportation hub, so if you wish you can take the ferry over from Amalfi to Positano, get off and wander right by the beach (the only flat part of Positano), enjoy the views over to Positano via the ferry, maybe have lunch at one of the restaurants at the beach in Positano and then ferry back to Amalfi.

www.venere.com is a good site to use - you can sort by budget, location, etc then you can look at reviews of places that look like a good possibility.

7. Re: Positano steps

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, March 08, 2014