We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Genoa harbour

Which Genoa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cape Town
reviews: 15
Genoa harbour

Hi - hope somebody can help me. In October we are going on a cruise departing on mSC Melody from Genoa harbour. We will be arriving in Genoa by train and will have to get a taxi to the harbour. My question is: what instructions do I give tha taxi driver - where do we go IN the harbour?

Thanks!

Johann

Genoa, Italy
reviews: 9
1. Re: Genoa harbour

You have to ask to take you to "STAZIONE MARITTIMA" .. pls be informed that if you get off the train at PRINCIPE station the Cruise terminal is just few hundreds meters away

If you do not have a extremely heavy luggage you can even reach the station on foot .

Ciao

Cape Town
2. Re: Genoa harbour

Thanks! If we are coming from Monterosso by train at which Genoa station is it best to stop - I assume there are more than one... On trenitalia website I get these: GE BRIG, GE NERV, GE QUIN, GE QUAR, GE STUR

Thanks!

Genoa, Italy
3. Re: Genoa harbour

If you are going directly from the train to the cruise terminal ask the ticketo to GENOVA PRINCIPE station (it is also the main one).

The other station in town is GENOVA BRIGNOLE but it is some Km away from the harbour.. the other stations are in the outskitrts of town

Ciao

Cape Town
4. Re: Genoa harbour

Thanks again - is GENOVA PRINCIPE the "GE P.P." abbreviation on trenitalia website?

Genoa, Italy
5. Re: Genoa harbour

YES the station is also called GENOVA PORTA PRINCIPE (Genova PP) .. do not need to buy tickets on line you can do it directly in Monterosso station.

Ciao have a nice time in Monterosso