We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Genoa airport to cruise port

Which Genoa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester
reviews: 3
Genoa airport to cruise port

Hello everyone

I'm hoping someone will be able to help me out.. I'm going to be going on an MSC cruise and need to get from Genoa airport to the cruise pier..

My questions:

1.Is there a bus or train?

2. How often do they come?

3. How long does it take and whats the cost?

4. How much for a taxi?

5.Any recommendations for a cheap shuttle service

I'd appreciate any info anyone has to share!

Thank you

36 replies to this topic
Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
1. Re: Genoa airport to cruise port

No train. There is a bus, but it's €6 each, and with cruise luggage you will still need a taxi from the nearest bus stop at Piazza Principe train station. So get a taxi, they're metered.

Should be €15 or so for the 7 km. http://www.cooptaxige.it/it_tariffe.html

If you want to book a private hire car instead, see www.airport.genova.it/v2/index.php…

Edited: 5:15 am, January 28, 2011
Leicester
reviews: 3
2. Re: Genoa airport to cruise port

Thanks for your help.Taxi is probably thequickest and safest as I am travelling alone.

in bristol
reviews: 2
3. Re: Genoa airport to cruise port

Hi

have been to Genoa airport to catch ship from port before and the airport is fine - plenty of taxis outside; all pretty normal looking! I was also on my own last time but went with coach transfer. However it only took about 20/30 mins so is not far. I will be going on my own again in May and have decided just to get a taxi when there. I reckon probably about 20 Euro to include luggage and the extra to take you to the actual ship would be about right (give or take a few euros and the price of petrol once they bomb Libya's oil wells!!!). Hope this helps.

Claire

uk
reviews: 17
4. Re: Genoa airport to cruise port

Hi, have booked a cruise from Genoa, I wondered how much you actually paid for a taxi from Airport to Port,thanks Carol

in bristol
5. Re: Genoa airport to cruise port

hello Carol

I asked at the airport about a taxi and they reckoned it would be about 40-50 euros. So I ended up catching the bus (clearly signposted outside the airport) to Piazza Prinicipe train station - 6 euros. However I then had to get a taxi to the ship which was about 25 euros. It was quite straightforward but not sure it was worth it to save 10 euros. I shared a taxi back with another passenger so that was easier. Hope this helps.

uk
reviews: 17
6. Re: Genoa airport to cruise port

Thank you,I had a look on the web site for taxi I was quite shocked as it is only about 25 kilometres seems pretty expensive but thank you for the advice will get one from the airport.

Regards Carol

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
7. Re: Genoa airport to cruise port

The distance is only around seven km, though at certain times of day a very slightly longer route may be faster. The fares quoted above involve, I suspect, rather 'enterprising' taxi drivers.

The officlal metered rates appear on http://www.cooptaxige.it/it_tariffe.html (clcik the British flag, though as these are dated 2009 a slight rise may have happened since. Either insist on the meter, or agree a reasonable price first.

And how a taxi from Piazza Principe for the 1 km to the cruise dock could possibly cost €25 I really do not know. Very sharp practice here, I'm afraid.

in bristol
8. Re: Genoa airport to cruise port

may be, but all passengers were quoted around the same rate as I found when I got on ship. So obviously, they see us coming and up the rate. However, when all taxi drivers are quoting the same, not a lot you can do is there? and I did use a metered taxi. Might be something for Genoa authorities/tourist board to look into?

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
9. Re: Genoa airport to cruise port

Yes, I agree with you.

The only other alternative would be to get quotations from car services in advance. While these are also often extortionate, one person on tripadviser in the last year used a car service from the airport to Rapallo for only €50, and that's around five times the distance to the cruise dock.

Writing to your cruise line might also help, as pressure from them would be more effective. I note that Costa, for example, does not discuss taxi fares in its information in English. But in Italian, it says the taxi fare from the airport is around €22, and from Piazza Principe around €12.

in bristol
10. Re: Genoa airport to cruise port

I also read the Italian - unfortunatley my spoken Italian is not as good as my written! so unless i write it in advance and show the drivers (yeah right!) then I am not very fluent! however, the more I visit Italy the better my Italian is becoming so I should be soon be able to argue with taxi drivers! wow - the epitome of speaking a language!!

Reply to: Genoa airport to cruise port
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted