We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for restaurant recomendations

Which Genoa hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC
reviews: 11
looking for restaurant recomendations

My husband and I will be in Genoa this spring, and we'll be staying at the Hotel Soana. I'm looking for restaurant recommendations nearby. Thanks!

Milan, Italy
Destination Expert
for Milan, Genoa, Valle d'Aosta
reviews: 78
1. Re: looking for restaurant recomendations

If you really want to taste local food, than try this one (I hear it recently changed its name, but everybod knows it by the old, historic name). It's a 10 min. walk from your hotel down Via San Vincenzo, a pedestrian street: …nytimes.com/travel/…

Genoa, Italy
reviews: 9
2. Re: looking for restaurant recomendations

I personally suggest:

Osteria di Vico Palla in Vico Palla

Gaja in Vico dell'Argento

Da Ugo in Via dei Giustiniani

La Taverna di Colombo in Vico della Scienza

Rina in Mura delle Grazie

Pintori in Via San Bernardo

Sa' Pesta in Via dei Giustiniani (very similar to Guglie suggested by FF)

Da Franca al Mare in Via Giannelli (this one is on the sea)

Just print the list and ask the hotel boy for directions.

Ciao have a nice time in Genoa.

London
reviews: 24
3. Re: looking for restaurant recomendations

thanks to il_mangia for a great list. We enjoyed Ugo. If you want an early (and quick) dinner / late lunch La Mama (next to Pintori) in Via Di San Bernando 70, was excellent (we went twice) and you can have just one course or whatever. Eat and drink well for Euro20, or in and out for less than Euro 10. Gets very busy after 8pm. Hours 12-3, 7-12...they do takeaway also if you ask. Tel: 010/2518937

Genoa
reviews: 28
4. Re: looking for restaurant recomendations

il_mangia has posted a great list ! Compliments!

In my opinion the best restaurant is Da Ugo in Via dei Giustiniani.

The restaurant is close to Palazzo Ducale.

Excellent ration quality/price.

Genoa
5. Re: looking for restaurant recomendations

Another excellent restaurant is "Le Cantine Squarciafico" P.zza Invrea, 3r, close to the S. Lorenzo Cathedral.

Note that this restaurant is expensive. ;)

Florida
6. Re: looking for restaurant recomendations

I just stayed at the same Hotel, and the staff will recommend some good restaurants. My favorite was the Two or t win Towers (not itallian spelling), near the two towers a short walk. Warning many good retaurants do not open until 7:30 for dinner.

7. Re: looking for restaurant recomendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:18 am, September 01, 2009