We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hiking trail

Which Cinque Terre hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Reisterstown MD
reviews: 5
hiking trail

SOmewhere in a guidebook when I began my researching, I read about a trail I think upwards from Corniglia maybe? that went to a vineyard. Does anyone recall such a trail? We are planning on hiking the trail between villages but am looking for this additional branch off.

14 replies to this topic
Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Lucca
reviews: 12
1. Re: hiking trail

There's a vineyard path at the top of Manarola where an artist has added wooden "people". Is that what you meant?

alwaysonefootoutthedoor.com/europe/italy/lig…

TAB

Edited: 12:29 am, May 07, 2013
Reisterstown MD
2. Re: hiking trail

No this wasn't it, but thank you. If I remember correctly, it was a castle that produced wine.

australia
reviews: 9
3. Re: hiking trail

Hi to anyone in cinque terrel in the past weeks has anyone attempted the trail between vernazza and corniglia? It is closed but I hear that some people have done the trail! What is the condition and is it ok to to try?? We plan to go tomorrow Wednesday 8 th so a quick reply would be great

Amanda

Reisterstown MD
4. Re: hiking trail

i found the vineyard! It is Buranco agriturismo. Has anyone been?

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Lucca
5. Re: hiking trail

robo8,

If the park service says the trail is closed, it's closed. They will be the best source of current information. People who hike closed trails are irresponsible.

TAB

Park City, Utah
reviews: 1
6. Re: hiking trail

my husband and i are planning a trip this Sept starting with 3 days in rome, then taking a train to cinque terre for 1or 2 nights, then maybe Milan, Lake Como 1 night, possibly Venice 1 night and the remainder in florence , hoping to spend a good 7 days there, doing day excursions from Florence.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

Vicki

Salt Lake City, Utah
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Lucca
7. Re: hiking trail

Vicki, most people will tell you that you are trying to cover too much territory in a short time and are not doing justice to the places you're trying to see.

TAB

Rapallo, Italy
reviews: 60
8. Re: hiking trail

About Vernazza-Corniglia: it was open last week (despite the park website saying otherwise... I guess they forgot to update it?). Don't know about this week...

Andy

( http://liguriah.wordpress.com )

Pa
reviews: 4
9. Re: hiking trail

Closed yesterday:(

Robo8, we were there yesterday as well, maybe we saw you !

Reisterstown MD
10. Re: hiking trail

Think it will be open by mid June??

Reply to: hiking trail
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted