We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi from Riomaggoire to La Spezia?

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
26 reviews
Taxi from Riomaggoire to La Spezia?

We need to leave quite early in the morning from Riomaggoire to get to Florence for a 10:30am train we are taking to Venice.

So I know I can get a regional that leaves at 6:35am (with train changes) that will get us to Florence on time but we found a fast train that leaves La Spezia at 6:41am which we would reserve ahead of time, so no refund, but a great price. But if we do this we would get a taxi from Riomaggoire to La Spezia because the 6:35 train from Riomaggoire just cuts it too close and the train before that is way to early.

Anyone have any idea what a taxi would cost for 4 people (each have one large suitcase and a carry-on)? Thank you to anyone who can give us info.

Cinque Terre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Cinque Terre, Monterosso al Mare, Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
1,296 posts
78 reviews
1. Re: Taxi from Riomaggoire to La Spezia?

You'd have to prebook a taxi from Riomaggiore for that early, and the prices for taxis are quite high in this area - I'd say around 50 euro or so would be my guess. It costs that much to go from Monterosso to Levanto, and as the taxi would most likely have to COME to Riomaggiore to get you, it stands to reason you'll be paying more. Taxis are quite expensive here.

I'd say to just get the earlier train and wait it out at the station, as you'd probably want to leave quite early to make sure you don't miss the 6:41 train. You'd be wise to have the taxi pick you up much earlier, as the roads are never a straight shot and car is definitely the most difficult way to get around...for that, I think just taking the earlier train would be the best idea.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
24,543 posts
2. Re: Taxi from Riomaggoire to La Spezia?

Maybe €35 plus €2 each per suitcase over 20 kg or €0.50 if less, plus €2 for people over 2 - not entirely sure if this is right, as the supplement system may work differently for fixed-price runs. Ask yourself on http://www.radiotaxilaspezia.it/index.html - click contatti - someone will probably read English.

I don't really see the point of getting the 6.51 Frecciabianca out of la Spezia. Even if you get €9 reduced fares on it, it's still more expensive than getting the Regional connections, and you'll have even longer to wait in Florence.

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Taxi from Riomaggoire to La Spezia?

At first we intended to take the regionals but then we found the fast train out of La Spezia, so we decided to look at other options, check prices etc. If taxis are that expensive then we will just end up taking regionals. But I had to ask as we didn't know. Thanks for the advice.

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
Level Contributor
2,780 posts
35 reviews
4. Re: Taxi from Riomaggoire to La Spezia?

www.radiotaxilaspezia.it/tariffe_turismo.html

For the trip from La Spezia to Riomaggiore it is 35 euro

Windsor, Canada
Level Contributor
203 posts
26 reviews
5. Re: Taxi from Riomaggoire to La Spezia?

Thank you for your help.

6. Re: Taxi from Riomaggoire to La Spezia?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:16 pm, January 06, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Cinque Terre