We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

PLEASE HELP. need parking. 4/5 star w. views honeymoon

sydney
PLEASE HELP. need parking. 4/5 star w. views honeymoon

Am on honeymoon and have not been to italy before. Everyone says do not miss cinque terre, but the hotels don't look so flash or clean. I am pregnant and on honeymoon so need something with lift or ground level entrance, no dragging suitcases up stairs. don't mind if we drive to catch the train between towns, just need a nice place to stay that's close enough to go into a town for dinner etc.

many thanks, mrs sydney

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
reviews: 5
1. Re: PLEASE HELP. need parking. 4/5 star w. views honeymoon

Hi

The hotels in the CT are usually not 4 or 5 stars. They are simple,clean with outstanding views and charm. Also, because of the hilly terrain, it is somewhat difficult to maneuver in the towns. The next town North,Levanto, has some very nice 3 stars hotels where you can drive to and have lifts. However, the views are not great from the hotels. If you would like 4/5 stars;then consider the towns of Portofino,Santa Margherita, and Camogli. All towns are close to the CT and have train and boat connections.

Your friends are correct the CT is lovely and should not be missed.

Buon Viaggio!

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
reviews: 34
2. Re: PLEASE HELP. need parking. 4/5 star w. views honeymoon

Try The 5 * Excelsior in Rapallo or the 4* Grand Hotel Portovenere or Royal Sporting in Portovenere

sydney
3. Re: PLEASE HELP. need parking. 4/5 star w. views honeymoon

Hi, thanks for your comments, i have casa angelina in priano, is this a nice area to stay and easy access (with car) to other areas with restaurants, shops. would 3 nights be adequate to spend on amalfi coast to see everything and have a little down time?

How long does is take to drive from ravello to say positano?

thanks again

San Clemente...
Destination Expert
for Buenos Aires, Argentina
reviews: 5
4. Re: PLEASE HELP. need parking. 4/5 star w. views honeymoon

Hi,

I am a little confused. I thought that you wanted accomodation in The Cinque Terre? CT is located in the North of Italy and Praiano is located in the South.

Cheers!!

sydney
5. Re: PLEASE HELP. need parking. 4/5 star w. views honeymoon

yes sorry just got confused because also heading to amalfi coast. cinque terre area is the hardest to find accommodation. any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. hoping to spend no more than about euro 250 per night.