We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostel for 2 young guys and town recommendations (mom asking

Which Italian Riviera hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
calif
reviews: 13
Hostel for 2 young guys and town recommendations (mom asking

Hello,

My son and friend will be arriving to Genoa by train from France in July and I insisted that they stay in Santa Margharita since it is so incredibly gorgeous... But they are perhaps better off in a nearby town with more young people/nightlife? Suggestions welcome (3 nights stay)

Also, are there cheap hostels in SM? Or if not, is it better to be in Rapallo or other town? I liked being able to walk to porto fino and take the ferry to san fruituossp... also easy to take the train to CT for the day.

I welcome any and all suggestions and appreciate the help!

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for Rome, Amalfi
reviews: 10
1. Re: Hostel for 2 young guys and town recommendations (mom asking

I don't personally know but you could search: hostelbookers.com/hostels/…

for their dates to see if there is something available. If you find something, then you could search here (and elsewhere) for reviews.

Hopefully, someone will personal knowledge will have some suggested places as well.

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 22
2. Re: Hostel for 2 young guys and town recommendations (mom asking

If these young guys are big enough to travel, why don't you let them find their own hostels? At least you won't get blamed if they don't like them.

calif
reviews: 13
3. Re: Hostel for 2 young guys and town recommendations (mom asking

good question- they are finishing their exams at the moment and i am helping out.

Do you have suggestions for Rapallo vs SML?

Also, they will be going from Liguria to Berlin, and the flights from GOA are very expensive. Is it best to take a train to Milan or Florence or something else?

Grazze mille@

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 22
4. Re: Hostel for 2 young guys and town recommendations (mom asking

I use www.skyscanner.net to find cheap flights. They allow you to be very vague about the starting or ending points. For example, you can use Italy as the starting point and Berlin as the destination, and they'll give you a list of what they've found in the way of flights from various cities, sorted by price. They also include the major carriers. Check luggage restrictions of the budget airlines. Sometimes luggage charges can make a cheap flight expensive.

Sorry I can't help with the choice of Rapallo vs. Santa Maria Ligure.

Brentwood, United...
reviews: 2
5. Re: Hostel for 2 young guys and town recommendations (mom asking

A few years ago I stayed in Sestri Levante and made day trips to SML and Rapallo. As you say in your posting SML ia a very attractive place but in my view is definately an up-market type of resort. I rather liked Rapallo which is more of a working town and there should certainly be more relatively low cost accommodation there compared to SML. The ferry to Portofino also calls there and your son and his friend could go from there to Portofino and walk back to SML and a short trip on the train back to Rapallo. If they go to Rapallo the ride up the funicular to the Chuch above the town is well worth while for the views and a good walking area. Best of luck with your searches.

Perth, Western...
reviews: 275
6. Re: Hostel for 2 young guys and town recommendations (mom asking

Cheap Accommodation in the Genoa province are inland of Chiavari and Lavagna; not hostels but inns, farms or b&b.

www.nevalgraveglia.it

Connections to those villages are with frequent buses from Chiavari train station.

7. Re: Hostel for 2 young guys and town recommendations (mom asking

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, May 19, 2014