We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

lerici

Which Italian Riviera hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 50
lerici

I have read a lot of good things about Hotel Florida in Lerici. Can anyone tell me more about Lerici? WOuld it be a good base for exploring part of the Italian riviera? Is a car necessary? WHat is the swimming like?

My husband and I will have five days to vacation this summer (first week in July) after attending a conference in Milan. Since we will do city things, i.e. museums, shopping, monuments, in Milan, we would like to relax -- to swim, to hike and to look at beautiful scenery. Is Lerici a good base for this?

Italian Riviera
reviews: 7
1. Re: lerici

Hi there.

Lerici is a nice relaxing place. Hotel Florida is a nice hotel located at the beginning of strip. The water is clean and perfect for swimming. The beaches are mostly sandy.

Lerici offers different ways to visit other riviera sites.

There is a boat service to La Spezia, where you will find connections to Portovenere (beautiful seaside town), Cinque Terre, Santa Margherita, Portofino and Genoa.

You may also use public transit to reach La Spezia, Sarzana and La Spezia Central train station (one way fare is approx Euro 1,30).

If you decide to use a car, it is highly reccomended to check with your Hotel to see whether they will issue a transit pass, as Lerici is a NON TRANSIT ZONE for non-residents, otherwise you will not be able to enter the town.

Great restaurants all over for you to enjoy great italian food.

I hope the above is of help.

Best Regards.

Boston...
reviews: 50
2. Re: lerici

Thanks. WHat is a no transit zone?

Italian Riviera
reviews: 7
3. Re: lerici

Hello again.

What I mean by ''no transit zone'' is that you cannot transit or enter Lerici by car.

Regards

Australia
4. Re: lerici

Hotel Florida is great. Ask for a front room as they have balconies looking over the water. The beach is in front of you and is safe for swimming. One can have a drink in the bar before walking to dinner. Although the restaurants may sound a little far, say 800m, the walk is easy and pleasant. Ask for suggestions for restaurants. The seafood is great and we had some great meals including a seafood antipasto with seven dishes !! I have forgotten the name of the restaurant but it is a 2 storey restaurant in the main square. I am sure they will know the name.

A car is necessary. Ask for a parking permit as parking is on the street and can be a little difficult. I would suggest that you visit the Cinque Terre by boat as the roads to the ports are very narrow and again parking is near impossible. This place is off the tourist track and English is not widely spoken to any degree but we got by with lots of laughs. People are great.

I am sure you will love as we did.

Graeme Australia

Toronto
reviews: 10
5. Re: lerici

We were in Lerici last summer and have fantastic memories of it. It is non touristy and lovely. A real slice of italian vaction life. The people are very nice, the food is wonderful, the beaches are clean, with warm water, lovely sand. The vistas are beautiful.