We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Good beach for swimming

Which Italian Riviera hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
reviews: 50
Good beach for swimming

We will be in CInque Terre for four days in early July. We love beaches. We are planning to stay in Lerici. Can anyone suggest a really nice beach for swimming within an hour's travel? Thanks.

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
for La Spezia, Porto Venere, Lerici
reviews: 35
1. Re: Good beach for swimming

Yes try venere azzure between San terenzo and leirici its a blue flagged sandy beach with bar and toilets sunbeds 7 euro per day(or 4 for half day) which if you have been to forte di marmi you will appreciate this to be a bargain.

Boston...
2. Re: Good beach for swimming

Thanks!

New Jersey, USA
3. Re: Good beach for swimming

Pickles:

I don't know where "Cudgey" comes from, but the absolutely best beach in the Lerici area is BAIA BLU." Don't know where Cudgey gets his information from, but some of his answers are way out.

I strongly recommend Baia Blu! If you go there, please let me know what you think of it!!

lesaraceni@aol.com

New Jersey, USA
4. Re: Good beach for swimming

Pickles:

You might also tell "Cudgey" that venere azzure means "to see blue" and I don't think there's a beach named that.

lesataceni@aol.com

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
5. Re: Good beach for swimming

Hotel Florida Lerici overlooks the wonderful Venere Azzurra beach, with its fine sand shore, where our guests will find an excellent service and the possibility to reserve chairs and umbrellas.

This is a quote from thr Hotel Floridas website i apologise to gabriella if i got the tense wrong, see blue makes perfect sense to me for a beach description as that is what you see. I cannot comment on the baia blu beach as i have not had the good fortune to use this although i am aware of it. It is easier for us to access the venere azzurra beach as the bus drops us there.

I get my information from having owned a house in La Spezia for the last 2 1/2 years . I would be pleased to know how some of my ansiwers are way out as they are only based on my own personal experience

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
6. Re: Good beach for swimming

If you are still not sure which beach to go for here is a link to all the blue flagged beaches in the province. Both the beaches mentioned in the earlier posts are included here.

www.blueflag.org/blueflag/2005/Italy/Liguria

La Spezia, Italy
Destination Expert
7. Re: Good beach for swimming

Heres a link to the venere azzurra beaches website

http://www.venereazzurra.com/index-en.html

Boston...
8. Re: Good beach for swimming

Loved the websites. Thanks!