We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Charges for the beach

Which Rimini hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin, Ireland
Charges for the beach

Hi, we are planning trip to Rimini this summer. Everybody is talking about charges for using beaches but I can't find proper information how does it work. Is the charge for entering beach? How much it? Are there discounts for weekly stay? Would appreciate if somebody could provide some relevant info on beaches in Rimini area. Also is the public beach clean? Thanks very much :)

7 replies to this topic
alaska
Destination Expert
for Siena
reviews: 8
1. Re: Charges for the beach

Peter, we spent a couple of days in Rimini last September. We found our beach to be very clean and enjoyable to swim in.

The Hotel we stayed at had an arrangement with a beach, I forget which number it was though. I would think that most hotels would have an arrangement with other beaches as well. I think we paid 10 Euro per day. This gave us two very nice chairs/loungers with a table and sun umbrella. If we wanted to be in the first row next to the water it would have cost a few euro more. You pay the man in charge of that particular beach and not the hotel.

Our hotel provided the beach towel free of charge. The only down side was the number of cheap market vendors. Although if nobody was buying my guess would be they would not be there, so there must be some interest.

London
reviews: 9
2. Re: Charges for the beach

Hi Peter,

this topic has been discussed before:

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187807-i682-k66…

What I said in that post is pretty much confirmed by the official tourist info site:

riminiturismo.it/80232/16/Beach_Prices.html…

If you rent a lounger for the week, it's normally cheaper.

One extra tip: if you can, avoid the week starting 11th of August. The 15th (which this year is Friday) is Bank Holiday and that's the only time of the year when Rimini is really busy.

Brentwood, United...
reviews: 2
3. Re: Charges for the beach

In Italy generally the public areas available for bathing are not clean and usually crowded , so you do not have much option but to pay the going rate for that area, Since the sea is virtually tideless unless the beach is cleaned regularly it will collect rubbish.

London
reviews: 9
4. Re: Charges for the beach

I don't agree with the last comment. When you talk about Italy (like any other big country) you cannot talk "generally", since public beaches are very different depending on which region you are in.

The public beaches in Rimini are pretty clean for European standard (and much cleaner than other destination e.g. Phuket in Thailand).

Having said that, unless your hotel is a short walk from the public beach, I don't understand why anyone would want to go to there just to avoid paying a few quid.

southampton
reviews: 4
5. Re: Charges for the beach

Read this article by Tim Parkes on Italian Beaches. It just about explains everything!

telegraph.co.uk/travel/destinations/europe/i…

We go to the same Bagni every year - Catia e Giorgio - in Gabicce Mare.

Remember you're not just paying for your lettini.

There are changing rooms, showers for when you come out of the sea, newspapers and magazines to read (Gazetto de la Sport is essential reading), a beach cafe which serves home made food, great espresso, beers, wines - full lunches - just in case you get hungry! All in a shaded area.

Some open their restaurants in the evening...

There will also be table tennis, table football, fitness machines (to look good on), volleyball court (sometimes) games for kids, slides, climbing frames, a compressor to pump up your inflatables, a store to keep them in etc. Beautifully clean toilets for clients only.

The sand will be raked in the morning, and any rubbish swept up, and the waters edge regularly cleared of any seaweed...Heaven forbid you tread on any!

It's a whole community, get involved and enjoy!

We don't regret the expense at all!

Gepporello is right.

I hope this helps.

Robert

Bellaria-Igea...
reviews: 172
6. Re: Charges for the beach

Here You can find an example of some charges of a beach in Rimini. Prices are from 2013, but there won't be much difference this year.

http://www.bagniricci.it/ita/listino.html

reviews: 24
7. Re: Charges for the beach

In all my life I went to italian public beaches every summer, I never paid to private beaches and I always had a great time.

Reply to: Charges for the beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Rimini