We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rimini, milano marittima and riccione by bus

Which Rimini hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
guangzhou
reviews: 53
rimini, milano marittima and riccione by bus

Hi,

I need to do a Rimini, Milano Marittima and Riccione trip, it does not matter in which order in 1.5 days max. I will come from Bologna. I guessed the best option is by bus as there is no train in between Milano Marittima and Riccione ( least I havent find one). Can someone help me with some advice? Some bus time table would be great as well if someone has one.

Thanks!

Bologna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bologna
reviews: 113
1. Re: rimini, milano marittima and riccione by bus

milano Marittima station is called Cervia-Milano Marittima, have a look at Trenitalia website, there are trains every day, many of them with the change in Rimini:

https://www.lefrecce.it/B2CWeb/search.do…

Please notice also that from 6-8 June (I don't remember the exact day), trains timetable changes and you have the summer one, probablythere will be more trains linking the different towns on the adriatica coast, due to the high season coming.

I'm sorry but I don't know anything about buses

guangzhou
reviews: 53
2. Re: rimini, milano marittima and riccione by bus

Hi,

Thanks for the answer. My problem is this: I arrive to Bologna by plane. From Bologna I need to go to Rimini, Milano-Marittima, and Riccione. All these are on the coast. But until now I only found trains which has a Rimini connection. This means if I want to go to Riccione I need to change at Rimini but from Riccione if I want to go to Milano Marittima I need to go first back to Rimini. Basically I need to be in this 3 city and I need to do in 1 days and in each place I need to spend min 3 hours. So going back to Rimini is really time consumning.

Oh and I can not drive which makes things hard.

So anyone has some suggestion how to do this trip the quickest possible I would be really grateful.

Bologna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bologna
3. Re: rimini, milano marittima and riccione by bus

It's the tranitalia websitre that is confusing:

http://www.trenitalia.com/

enter and if you don't change it, they give you Frecce only (fast trains stopping in Rimini only), you have to click in "tutti i treni" and you will se regional and intercity too (the grey box near the red one)

The fastest way do do this trip is taking a train from Bologna to Riccione (1h20-1h40 depending on the train), stay here, then take another train to Rimini (10 min. trip), and finally to Milano Marittima (1h1/2 trip), or viceversa, in any case keep Rimini in the middle, and you don't need to change train from Bologna to Riccione.

Tell me if you still have problems

Bellaria-Igea...
reviews: 199
4. Re: rimini, milano marittima and riccione by bus

You can take the train from Bologna to Cervia-Milano Marittima (changing in Ravenna). From Milano Marittima take the train to Rimini, from Rimini take the bus N° 11 to Riccione. Doing it in this way You even need less then 1 day!

It's important that You take the train in Bologna to Ravenna and from there to Milano Marittima (You have to tell this when You buy your ticket in Bologna)

Bologna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bologna
5. Re: rimini, milano marittima and riccione by bus

I had a look at the current timetable, here is an exemple of the trip, considering what you asked, that is to say staying 3 hours in each place:

Bologna 8 riccione 9,20

Riccione rimini 1244 1256

Rimini cervia –milano marittima 1508 1540

Cervia milano marittima bologna 1808 1954 (changing in ravenna)

You can do the same viceversa if you prefer, and I supposed you wanted to go back to bologna at the end of the day.

Consider only that:

in my exemple the time to change in Ravenna is just 6 minutes, so not much, probably not enough so you should consider also a train later and the trip back will be longer.

From Riccione to rimini the train is faster than the bus, I would suggest you the bus only if you have to go to marina centro, if you go to Rimini the city, train is much more suitable and, above all, faster (10 minutes instead of 30-40; Riccione station is very central)

Bellaria-Igea...
reviews: 199
6. Re: rimini, milano marittima and riccione by bus

Did You manage to do your trip as planned?

7. Re: rimini, milano marittima and riccione by bus

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, June 19, 2014