We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Marino Motogp 2013

Which Rimini hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
England
1 post
San Marino Motogp 2013

Hi, I know its awhile off yet, but were planning on going to the Motogp in Misano next year and making a holiday of it aswell.

We are thinking of staying in Cattolica, could anyone recommend some good child friendly hotels?

Also is there plenty to do in the area with a 10yr old?

We do intend going to the ducati factory and to rossi's home village of tavullia as we are massive fans of Vale, we are also going to try to go to Corinao (Simoncelli village).

As much info as possible would be really appreciated.

Thanks Joanne

Merseyside
Level Contributor
13 posts
84 reviews
1. Re: San Marino Motogp 2013

You would be most welcome at the Hotel Senior, Via del prete, Cattolica.

We stay there every year, and Maura (The owner) will gladly organise taxis to Tavullia, Corianno or Bologna (The Ducatti factory is out of town) and generally be more than helpful. Check out the hotel on Tripadvisor and you will see why we go there every year. There is a free bus up to the circuit on GP day, and it is about a half hour walk back - depending on which stand you are in. This is a nice, clean, family friendly hotel with a nice pool and a great atmosphere. Cannot recommend highly enough. Check out the website for prices - see you there on 15th September 2013 !!!

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
101 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: San Marino Motogp 2013

Cattolica is a very small town that kind of folds into the next town along called Gabicce Mare. Both really are more for just going to beach everyday and there is not much else to do there really. Rimini on the other hand, has both the beach and a city centre plus is closer to other places like San Marino itself, Forli, cesena, and Ravenna for day trips.

Edited: 5:51 am, September 22, 2012
Merseyside
Level Contributor
13 posts
84 reviews
3. Re: San Marino Motogp 2013

I agree that Cattolica is a beach resort, however there is a nice town, a good aquarium, two excellent harbours and a tourist train through the resort and into Gradara (Hilltop village and castle museum) It is also a lot closer than Rimini to Coriano and Tavullia and Misano Simoncelli Circuit (within walking distance) Lots of bars and eating places, and good regular bus service to Riccione for some very posh shopping.

It is not as large or as busy as Rimini, but has a very good atmosphere during GP week, your choice depends on what you enjoy. If you like the bustle and business of a large resort, and enjoy clubbing, then Rimini would be good.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
3 posts
34 reviews
4. Re: San Marino Motogp 2013

Hi Joanne,

I stayed in Cattolica last July with my daughter, a massive Vale fan also. I think you'll find most hotels cater well for children, there were plenty of kids around in summer so they must. Feedback seems to confirm this. Megan and I rode bicycles to Tavullia which was a bit arduous due to the uphill climb..... all the way! Had great fun though. The Valentino Rossi cafe has great pizzas and salads etc. I'd suggest hiring a car to get there. We were unable to find a regular bus service to Tavullia, the tourist bureau was unable to help us much. The busses are a bit unreliable, or so some local waitresses who live there stated. There are fantastic restaurants and it's cheap to eat out. I hope to return for the Moto GP this year. We'll stay in cattolica again. Not sure how far away Marco Simoncelli's home town is from there.

Merseyside
Level Contributor
13 posts
84 reviews
5. Re: San Marino Motogp 2013

It is possible to get to Tavullia by bus from Cattolica, but very arduous. You must get a bus to Pesaro, where there are buses every hour to Tavullia. I did it a couple of years ago and it took all day, with a bus driver on the return journey who thought he was a racing driver. Very scary. Latterly we have asked our hotel to negotiate a taxi there and back,with a stay of a couple of hours in order to renew membership at the fan club, have a coffee and visit the very good souvernir shop (which closes from 1-4 for lunch) In a shared taxi we have paid in the region of 50 euros. Last year we did the same deal to Coriano, there is not a lot there, but there is a memorial and a cafe. Further down the hill back on the main road is a very nice restaurant for lunch. The deal last year was 60 euros. This trip is not possible by bus. It would be much cheaper to hire a car for the day and you could do both villages easily. Your hotel should be able to arrange car hire for you.

Bellaria-Igea...
Level Contributor
9,981 posts
200 reviews
6. Re: San Marino Motogp 2013

I think it's much better to look for an hotel in the Rimini or Riccione zone. Driving to Misano from Rimini or Riccione doesn't make such a big difference but You will notice the difference. Riccione and Rimini are cities which are alive. Plenty of restaurants, bars and lovely nightlife. Don't get afraid now, these places are very suitable for families with small children. Apart of all this Rimini offers as well a very beautiful storical city center where, especially in the evening, it's nice to wander around. Don't forget the beautiful beach of Rimini.

Bologna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bologna
Level Contributor
672 posts
115 reviews
7. Re: San Marino Motogp 2013

just a detail about Ducati Factory and museum: it's not out of town (Bologna), it's not in centre, but in town, here is their website:

http://www.ducati.com/

you arrive at the factory with the normal city bus n° 13

Hayle, United...
1 post
8. Re: San Marino Motogp 2013

Myself and my wife will be driving from Florence to the San Marino MotoGP. Ive read that there is no parking at the track which I find a bit odd, if that's the case, where is the best place to park.

thanks

Vignola, Italy
Level Contributor
1,928 posts
5 reviews
9. Re: San Marino Motogp 2013

Hi,

this is the map of the circuit and parking ares around it: …misanocircuit.com/download/MotoGP2013_viabi…

It seems there is enough park... but I never went it.

Bye

Merseyside
Level Contributor
13 posts
84 reviews
10. Re: San Marino Motogp 2013

There is parking in many off the fields around the track . You will be directed by marshals so don't worry .