We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruiser

Which Ravenna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
glasgow, scotland
reviews: 2
Cruiser

Hi Agatha,

I am sailing on Voyager of the Seas, which will be in Ravenna on Mon 30th May. Since widowed, I am travelling alone, can you suggest my best option for what to do whilst in port. I have travelled alone before and am not fazed by it, I just like to make the best of my time ashore, do you think a cruise excursuion would be best or is going it alone ok? i am perfectly happy to use public transport and I like to see nice scenery and anything that shows the area to its best.

thanks

Angela

Ocean City, MD
reviews: 7
1. Re: Cruiser

Look to your left of the posts, there's a tab for "Things to Do". The mosaics are reportedly to be awesome.

The search bar above the posts should turn up how to get from the port to Ravenna proper.

Also, you might want to post in www.cruisecritic.com

This will serve as a 'bump' too.

Edited: 5:40 pm, April 24, 2011
Ravenna, Italy
reviews: 28
2. Re: Cruiser

So happy you are planning a visit to Ravenna. Oh by all means go with the group from the ship. that way you can enjoy the city with other people. I always think sight seeing is more enjoyable with some one to share the experience.

Also there is an expeienced guide to show you the sites and also give you nice stories of the history of Ravenna.

If you would like I can send you a list of typical restaurants that you might enjoy.

After the ship tour if you want to go outside the city I would suggest you take the no#44 city bus to Classe. 5 Km from the city centre. Gives you a little view of the surrounding countryside.It was consecrated in 549. Outstanding mosaics!

Edited: 7:42 am, April 25, 2011
Palm Desert...
3. Re: Cruiser

Can you provide the name and contact information of a good guide for Revenna?

Thank you,

dennis

Ravenna, Italy
4. Re: Cruiser

If you take the tour offered by the ship a good guide will be included in the price.

If you have decided to go it alone then I will try to find yu a guide.

let me know

Agatha

Palm Desert...
5. Re: Cruiser

Thank you. We prefer to have a private guide. Your recommemdation of a good qualified guide would be fine.

puppy dog

Ravenna, Italy
6. Re: Cruiser

Thee are many listed with the Tourist Office in Ravenna. One of the best is Ann.

7. Re: Cruiser

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:15 am, October 29, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Ravenna