We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First night in Bologna

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
reviews: 15
First night in Bologna

After flights and airport stays, we (3 mid-30s friends) will be arriving in Bologna at 6pm on Sep 20th. We'd like somewhere comfortable and unique to stay for that first night before heading out on our Tuscan adventures. We will be picking up a car at the airport and I'd like suggestions for somewhere easy to get to for that night (though not generic airport hotel). Perhaps it is in Bologna or maybe another town/village nearby? Budget would be about 300E. Any help is very appreciated.

forli
1. Re: First night in Bologna

I think the best choice is Sheraton Bologna Airport which is modern and nice. Other cool hotels are in the very center which is not worth the effort cuz the airport is on the way to Tuscany already so you d make the same complicated trip twice in 12 hours. If you are not devastated from the trip you maky wanna try to reach Florence directly and that's not far at all. There you ll have plenty of choices

rome
reviews: 1
2. Re: First night in Bologna

googlehead, you may want to look at either castel san pietro terme or sasso marconi as a destination for your first night.

Castel san pietro terme is a lovely old spa town and from there the next day you could see some of the lovely hills around Bologna as you make you way down to join the motorway for Florence and Tuscany.

I would tend to avoid the A1 which is the motorway from Bologna to Florence at the time of evening you will be arriving as it tends to get very very busy.

SF Bay Area...
3. Re: First night in Bologna

If you have any time to spare in Bologna, I suggest you eat at one of the local restaurants. Some of the most fabulous food ate in Europe, was in Bologna. Even the Chinese food was fabulous!!

New York City, New...
reviews: 32
4. Re: First night in Bologna

Hotel Roma is small and sweet, is right behind Piazza Maggiore and they will let you keep a car.

I stayed there on my wedding night!

Sigle rooms are 90 euro per night.

5. Re: First night in Bologna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, August 18, 2009