We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

i day in Bologna, and need driver

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix
reviews: 46
i day in Bologna, and need driver

We will be in Florence, July 16, and want to spend the day in Bologna. Can anyone recommend a driver who will pick us up in Florence and bring us back? While we are in Bologna, we want to see the attractions, especially the Piazza Maggiore. We would like some recommendations for restaurants and if possible, a Balsamic Vinegar producer for a possible tour.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Bologna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bologna
reviews: 102
1. Re: i day in Bologna, and need driver

Hi,

as for driver try with this:

www.cosepuri.it

not sure if they do that but I can't see any other alternatives.

If you have a look at Bologna's forum you'll find plenty of suggestions about foot and tourist attcactions

No balsamic vinegar producer in Bologna, they are mainly in Modena area and it would be too much to do in just one day.

Finally: the train is much faster and cheap than a car with driver, and you can just take a taxi frm the station to reach the ancient centre

New York City, New...
reviews: 10
2. Re: i day in Bologna, and need driver

I agree; the train is a breeze and fast - average time is 35 minutes and some tickets as low as 15 euros.

St Paul, MN
reviews: 6
3. Re: i day in Bologna, and need driver

The center of Bologna is pedestrian only. Your driver would have to park outside of it and you would have to walk in to see the sights.

Turin
reviews: 1
4. Re: i day in Bologna, and need driver

Why do you want to do this by car? Did you look at a map? I'm afraid that two tourists from flat Phoenix will hate it. Please remember that the train goes under the mountains while the A1 motorway goes through the Appennines. So it's 35 minutes by high speed train and almost 2 hours by car (acording to viamichelin.com).

If you really want to do this journey by car, do it on Saturday or Sunday when trucks can't use the motorways.

5. Re: i day in Bologna, and need driver

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 05, 2014