We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bologna or another nearby city

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Porto, Portugal
reviews: 67
Bologna or another nearby city

I am flying to Rome in late April, but due to my work obligations, the only option for a return flight would be from Bologna. I saw that Frecciarosa takes only 2 hours from Rome to Bologna, so I am thinking on spending there the last day of my 5 days trip.

(I fell in love with Venice and Firenze on past visits! )

Is Bologna worth the visit or is there another city on the train line Rome-Bologna that we could go to?

Thanks in advance

Sofia

St Paul, MN
reviews: 6
1. Re: Bologna or another nearby city

Bologna looks worthy of a visit. I am hoping to visit this year.

Bologna google map with some sites and restaurants

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms…

Johannesburg, South...
reviews: 2
2. Re: Bologna or another nearby city

Bologna is worth a one day visit.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
3. Re: Bologna or another nearby city

There is no intermediate stop on the fast train line except Florence. Bologna is lovely, and unlike Florence, has virtually no tourists.

Ocean City, MD
reviews: 7
4. Re: Bologna or another nearby city

Definitely stay in Bologna. In Sept. 2011, I spent 3 nights and I plan on returning for a longer stay.

Porto, Portugal
5. Re: Bologna or another nearby city

You're inspiring me! Thanks

Victoria, Australia
reviews: 106
6. Re: Bologna or another nearby city

Do a bit of research Sofia and see what appeals to you. We had 4 days in Bologna in 2011 and I couldn't wait to get out of the place. Obviously it is personal opinion, some love it, some do not. However for 1 day I'm sure you can have fun and enjoy Bologna.

Porto, Portugal
7. Re: Bologna or another nearby city

Thank you all.

I was considering including Arezzo or Siena...

Sofia

Victoria, Australia
reviews: 106
8. Re: Bologna or another nearby city

We loved both Arezzo and Siena. Siena is probably larger, but a lovely place to wait around. Arezzo has a lovely high park and partsof the old city walls to wander on. Both of those would be a good choice, but I would personally probably lean towards Siena, although in April it will probably be busier than Arezzo.

9. Re: Bologna or another nearby city

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 20, 2014