We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester England
Shopping

Is there a market where you can buy leather goods like handbags?

Edited: 11:04 am, September 06, 2012
UK
Destination Expert
for Sorrento
reviews: 5
1. Re: Shopping

There is a very large and busy market held in Piazza Dell'8 Agosto (up near the railway station) on Fridays that sells just about everything. As with all things bought in a market it is buyer beware.

There is also one open there on Saturdays but have not been there then so cannot say whether it is the same.

Italy
reviews: 5
2. Re: Shopping

modemUk is alluding to "La piazzola", open air market holding their stalls fridays and saturdays. They experimented (some) sundays but I wouldn't count on it on a permanent basis.

"buyer beware" it's possibly a bit exhaggerated, as far as I know there are no scams nor stolen good. Definitely I'd look out for pickpockets however, Bologna is not particularly safe, especially in croweded places.

Prices are so so, perhaps not extortionary as in brick and mortar shop but certainly not as cheap as it used to be historically so do no expect finding special bargains

Bologna, Italy
Destination Expert
for Bologna
reviews: 72
3. Re: Shopping

I don't think Bologna is the right place to buy leather object; I've seen many shops of this kind in Tuscany but not in my town.

You can go to piazzola if you like cheap items but nothing fashion, something second hand, changed a lot in the last 10 years in comparisot with what it was when I was a kid.

Silvia

4. Re: Shopping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, September 12, 2013