We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting to and around Busetto (Verdi) and Modena and Parma (

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Pacific Palisades...
reviews: 20
Getting to and around Busetto (Verdi) and Modena and Parma (

We will be in Bologna for 4 weeks (Sept. 16 - Oct. 12) and plan to visit other cities during the weekends. We would like to go to Busetto to see the various Verdi sites and to Parma and Modena for the food factory tours/museums (vinegar, prosciutto/salami, cheese, ?tomato?). It appears that many of these are not easily reachable by public transportation. Would it be better to rent a car? Perhaps we would try to see all of these during one weekend and spend the night somewhere in the area. Where might be a good place to do that? If all of this is too much for one weekend, we could come back some other time by train and see the sights we missed that are close to a train station.

For the Verdi stuff, I don't know yet if we'll try to go to the Verdi Festival in Parma. If we don't, I presume it would be better to see the Verdi sights in September, before the crowds arrive for the festival. Correct?

For the food factories, I presume if we have a car, we can see them on our own and not need to go on an organized combo tour. I know that I need to contact each factory separately and make my own arrangements

UK
reviews: 55
1. Re: Getting to and around Busetto (Verdi) and Modena and Parma (

On two separate occasions we've visited Busetto. The first was some ten years ago whilst staying in Parma our hotel arranged for a car with a driver to take us on a half day tour of the four Verdi sites. Then more recently, whilst staying four nights in Parma for the Verdi Festival, we attended productions in the city as well as in Busetto (for which we had a car and driver for the evening). We were not aware of crowds in the city during this time.

2. Re: Getting to and around Busetto (Verdi) and Modena and Parma (

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 22, 2013