We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel for one night

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Orlando, Florida
reviews: 3
Hotel for one night

Could anyone tell me what hotel to stay over night with parking very close to the center . Coming from Florance on my way to Milian . Thank you

Liguria, Italy
1. Re: Hotel for one night

The NH near the train station is fine and equally good (perhaps even better) is the Aemilia. It is possible you may need to pay for parking, but there is certainly parking available, with no need to drive into or through any of Bologna's ZTL (restricted zones).

From the NH, it is about a 15 minute walk to the piazza Maggiore. From the Aemilia, it is about a 15 minute walk to the Due Torri. (Those 2 landmarks are about 5 minutes apart by foot).

You didn't ask, but if you are only staying in Bologna for a night before heading up to Milano by car, and then leaving Italy by plane, you might consider dropping off your car BEFORE Firenze and using trains the rest of the way. Bologna is 45 minutes by train from Firenze, and Milan is just under an hour by train from Bologna. There is nothing scenic about the drive from Florence to Bologna to Milan.

Edited: 4:32 pm, July 12, 2012
Orlando, Florida
2. Re: Hotel for one night

Thank you for this information . We wil be landed in Rome 3 days then renting a car . 2 days Drive to Geve in Chianti . Day in Florence . Drive and stay over Bologna . In morning drive to Parma then to Miliano 2 nights one day to swiss tour by train. Drive to verona maybe stop at one more town before turning car in at Venice for 5 days . After this we need to plan for 6 more days maybe Genova ,Cinque, Viareggio beach , Lucca maybe leave from Pisa . About 1 day trip Any ideas Thank you

Liguria, Italy
3. Re: Hotel for one night

I don't know if you have already booked any of your hotels, but if I wanted to see all the places you want to see, this is how I would do it:

Rome -- 3 days

Train to Florence -- 3 days (visit Pisa, Lucca by train from Florence)

Train to Bologna, 2 nights (visit Parma as a day trip from Bologna)

Train to Milan/Swiss train tour -- 3 nights

Train to Venice for 4 nights (visit Verona by train one day)

Rent car, drive to Greve in Chianti for 3 nights

Drive to le Cinque Terre (drop off car in La Spezia) -- 2nights

Take train to Genova -- 1 night

Fly home from Genova or Milan

Orlando, Florida
4. Re: Hotel for one night

Thank you But I have stayed in Florence for a week and just like to show my friends the highlights of Florence . My friends are only staying with me for two weeks than my husband and I are on our own.

Rome -3 days

Geve -2 days (drive)

Florence only during the day

Bologna 1 night

next day drive to Parma

Milan -2 days

drive to Verona drop car off

Venice -5 days then my friends are going back home

Any advise for the next 6 days Thank you

Liguria, Italy
5. Re: Hotel for one night

Why not drop off your car in Milan? It is a short train trip to Verona.

Also, if you only want to show your friends a day's worth of Florence, why not take the train there from Rome (90 minutes), put your luggage at the station, see the town, then pick up your luggage, pick up your rental car, then drive to Greve? You will face a huge hassle using a car to daytrip to Florence from Greve. Plus, with only 2 nights in Greve, you are essentially using Greve as a "base" to visit Florence. You won't see anything of the Tuscan countryside.

You don't say what time of year you are traveling, so it is hard to advise what to do with your last 6 days. If you are traveling at the peak tourist season, you need to make advance reservations, especially if you want to see someplace as popular as le Cinque Terre in August.

However, if you are traveling outside of peak tourist season, you don't need to lock in your plans now. Just wait to see how you feel after you are through with Venice. Maybe you'd like to go back to Tuscany. Or Bologna or Parma. Maybe you'd like to go to the lakes. Or le Cinque Terre -- although getting there from Venice is just a pain. Camogli is a bit shorter.

Orlando, Florida
6. Re: Hotel for one night

Thank you for al these ideas . We are traveling in may 31 - june 20 . 2 couples both the females have been to Italy but the men have not . Is it easy to take a train from Milano to Verona then to Venice ? I was thinking taking him to Viareggio Beach because he likes to swim and eat . It's so tourist with all the shops and restaurants , bars . We will be leaving from Venice . Should I go to Venice - Pisa -then take a bus to Viaeggio . Maybe he could see Pisa . Is there a train from the beach up the coast ? Thank you again

Liguria, Italy
7. Re: Hotel for one night

It is very easy to take a train from Milan to Verona and then on to Venice. You can leave your luggage at the train station while you visit the town.

You can take a train from Pisa to Viareggio and to le Cinque Terre.

8. Re: Hotel for one night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, July 17, 2013