We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Change Train in Bologna

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
CA
Change Train in Bologna

I'm booking a train from Florence SMN to Verona with a connection in Bologna . I notice that there is only 9 minute window in which to make the connection. How easy to change train at Bologna station for a person who don't know Italian?

Thanks so much for your help.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 11
1. Re: Change Train in Bologna

What train are you looking at? On Trenitalia, I can see only 3 Florence-Verona trains each day that require a change in Bologna, and the change time is quite a bit longer than 9 minutes.

If Trenitalia advertises a connection, it is possible. All stations have departure screens, similar to those at airports, showing departure time, train number (on your ticket for all fast trains), final destination (which may be beyond where you are going), and platform (binario).

Riccione, Italy
reviews: 58
2. Re: Change Train in Bologna

There is also a direct transfer

…trenitalia.com/b2c/…

It is very fast and the price acceptable

3. Re: Change Train in Bologna

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 pm, October 18, 2012