We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italian Language Courses in Bologna, Italy

Which Bologna hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
San Francisco
Italian Language Courses in Bologna, Italy

Hi,

Was wondering if anyone out there could recommend a really good Italian language school in Bologna, Italy. I'm leaning towards Madrelingua, but I can't seem to find any third party opinions on the internet. If anyone has traveled to Bologna and attended any language schools there and cares to share their impressions, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks all.

Vienna, Austria
Destination Expert
for Vienna
reviews: 147
1. Re: Italian Language Courses in Bologna, Italy

I was studying in Bologna for a couple of months and took an Italian course at the Anglo American School, which was a rather small but very nice and personal place with highly motivated and motivating teachers. I found the course to be of very high quality, but the choice of courses in terms of duration and level might be limited.

http://www.angloamericanschool.com/index.asp

use the link on the Italian flag on the left for the Italian courses (they also offer English for Italians).

Los Angeles...
reviews: 1
2. Re: Italian Language Courses in Bologna, Italy

I attended Madrelingua in Bologna for one week last month, and I recommend it highly. I only wish I could have stayed longer, because I know I would have gotten so much more out of the experience. As it was, I did improve my Italian, and I learned so much about Bologna and its history and culture as a result. It's really an excellent school, run by a very dedicated husband and wife (she's Italian and he's British). The teachers are wonderful, very professional and caring, and really go the extra distance to help each student, and I felt the rates were quite reasonable. They're so helpful and personal, and they will even arrange for your accommodations. There were two other students besides me in my Intermediate Level class every day, which met at 9:30 and continuted until 1:30 pm, with a half-hour break in the middle, during which time we walked (including the teacher) to a nearby cafe for coffee and continued conversation in Italian. I took an optional private lesson for three afternoons as well, and on a fourth afternoon our teacher led us on an informative and enjoyable excursion. By the way, Italian is the only language you will speak there....not one word of English! I hope my comments will be of help to you. Let me know if you have any more questions. Interesting...I live in San Francisco, too.

Pleeyay@aol.com

3. Re: Italian Language Courses in Bologna, Italy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:19 am, September 13, 2009