We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Monuments in or near Pesaro

Which Pesaro hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Northeast Florida
Monuments in or near Pesaro

I have a friend who was in the Pesaro area and he claims there is a monument that has something to do with Marconi and the transatlantic cable. Does not make sense to me as Marconi was nothing but radio. Can anyone tell me about monuments in the Pesaro area? Thanks, PMD

Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
reviews: 22
1. Re: Monuments in or near Pesaro

Marconi was very involved in the construction of transatlantic wireless transmitters; maybe that's what your friend means. However, I can't find anything about a monument in Pesaro. There is a liceo scientifico (science high school) in Pesaro named after him. Maybe there's a monument on the school grounds.

2. Re: Monuments in or near Pesaro

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:16 am, September 28, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Pesaro