We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vatican City tickets

Kuala Lumpur...
reviews: 4
Vatican City tickets

Hi. I am planning to visit Vatican City on 24 December (Christmas Eve). Should I pre buy the ticket online? Any idea if there's going to be a massive crowd on that day? Thanks :)

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
reviews: 12
1. Re: Vatican City tickets

There are no tickets sold to Vatican City. If you mean the Vatican Museums, there are admission queues just about every day: it is the most popular sight in Rome. If you want to avoid queues, it is always a good idea to buy online for a particular time.

Ocean City, MD
reviews: 7
2. Re: Vatican City tickets

If you are referring to the Museums, I'd take sydneynicks advice and buy your tickets on line. mv.vatican.va

The security line for St. Peters Basilica might be a little long, but it moves quickly (no tickets required). saintpetersbasilica.org/touristinfo.htm

All of the above notwithstanding, it is Christmas Eve, the crowds could be larger than normal.

Latina, Italy
3. Re: Vatican City tickets

The crowds *will* be larger than normal, in Rome for Midnight Mass at St. Peter's. Definitely book on line.

Kuala Lumpur...
4. Re: Vatican City tickets

Hi appia670 and ocpony, thanks for your replies. Would it be better to book in the morning or in the afternoon? :)

Thanks!

Latina, Italy
5. Re: Vatican City tickets

Lunchtime. Otherwise on a normal day I'd say afternoon but as it's Christmas Eve people may try to visit the Museum to fill in time before the evening's events.

Our daughter went yesterday, booked on-line for 1.30 p.m. There were no queues whatsover and she took a photo of the ticket desk in case I didn't believe her.....no-one there.

That doesn't help you with Christmas Eve but may be interesting to anyone thinking of going now.

Kuala Lumpur...
6. Re: Vatican City tickets

Thanks so much appia670. 130pm may be a good time for us to visit. Your reply has helped me tremendously! Thank you :D

singapore
reviews: 13
7. Re: Vatican City tickets

I will be visiting the Vatican City in mid of Jan, which I believe is off peak. Is it worth to pay the extra Euro 4 for the online ticket purchase just to avoid the queue that may not be there at all?

St Paul, MN
reviews: 6
8. Re: Vatican City tickets

I have been to the Vatican Museums in Dec and twice in Feb. If you go in the morning, there is a big line (before 11 am). If you are only spending a limited amount of time in the Vatican Museums (like going to the Sistine Chapel and leaving) then often there are not lines if you go after 1 pm.

Pontypool, United...
reviews: 1
9. Re: Vatican City tickets

Hi I'm going to Rome in June, never been before and confused on what tickets to buy online or buy when we get there etc. from what people say if you go to the Vatican museum/sistine chapel around 1pm there's hardly any queues, can I book the tickets there and then?? Or do I still have to book them online.

Thank you :)

10. Re: Vatican City tickets

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, April 20, 2014