We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for hotels in Capri, Nicolas

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Michigan, USA
Looking for hotels in Capri, Nicolas

Is La Scanellentilla really worth the price?

reviews: 2
1. Re: Looking for hotels in Capri, Nicolas

I have never stayed on Capri, can't help.

Michigan, USA
2. Re: Looking for hotels in Capri, Nicolas

Thanks, Ill just do more research!

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Cleveland
reviews: 62
3. Re: Looking for hotels in Capri, Nicolas

Try www.caprionline.com for information about the Island. I didn't stay on the island, but I would highly recommend it - all the hotels looked fabulous!! We stayed in Naples and I definitely would not recommend that! The tobacco shop next to our hotel was robbed at 11PM by robbers using machine guns. Naples is pretty fiesty!!

4. Re: Looking for hotels in Capri, Nicolas

I wouldn't stay in Naples. But Sorrento could be an good place to base yourself for a trips to Capri and Pompeii.

Michigan, USA
5. Re: Looking for hotels in Capri, Nicolas

My daughter went to Naples and hated it. But thanks for the info! Still looking to stay in Capri if I can afford it.

Rome, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome
reviews: 1
6. Re: Looking for hotels in Capri, Nicolas

I've stayed in Capri and recommend staying high up in anacapri if you can swing it. It's very lovely and far less touristy. Lower capri begins to feel like your staying in an expensive mall. Making a day trip of it from Sorrento is a good idea. the boats are frequent in summer.

Dublin
7. Re: Looking for hotels in Capri, Nicolas

I would agree with everyone else! Capri is full of tourists, especially Germans. Ischia is by far and away the nicer island - I spent my honeymoon there! If you wish to stay on the mainland I would suggest Positano, it is absolutely beautiful.

montreal
8. Re: Looking for hotels in Capri, Nicolas

I'm just back from Sorrento, Capri, Naples, and Rome and I have to say that I loved Naples - full of energy and great food. It is noisy, but I think considerably less threatening than London these days. Incidentally, I stayed at the Hotel Real Orto Botanico, a very well-run property with triple glazing to dull the street noise. I should point out that I'm certifiably ancient, though not overly timid.

Michigan, USA
9. Re: Looking for hotels in Capri, Nicolas

Thanks, again, everyone. This is a great site, isn't it!!

Los Altos...
reviews: 34
10. Re: Looking for hotels in Capri, Nicolas

If you decide to stay in Capri, I wouldn't stay at La Scalinatella. Not as good as they advertise. The best hotel on Capri at similar prices, in my opinion, is the Capri Palace Hotel, wonderfully luxurious with excellent rooms and service. Overall, I wouldn't stay on Capri, though. I prefer to stay in Sorrento at Grand Hotel Excelsior Vittoria, at Palazzo Sasso in Ravello, or best of all, Le Sirenuse in Positano at those prices.