We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amalfi Coast

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
reviews: 6
Amalfi Coast

Is this something we can play by ear or do the hotels book up way in advance? We are going for our honeymoon and want to see if we should book hotels now and plan the trip or wait until we get there to see what we like. Does anyone have suggestions? we want to go to Capri for one night, Positano for one or two nights and Sorrento to see Pompeii. Are we going to miss something?

Edinburgh, Scotland
reviews: 5
1. Re: Amalfi Coast

It depends a little on when you are going as to how far in advance you should book but if it were me I would not want to be spending my honeymoon turning up at places and hoping for the best. I think some planning would be a good idea no matter when you are going. If you are going in the period from May to September I think booking ahead would be essential.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
reviews: 48
2. Re: Amalfi Coast

Really a good idea would be to stay in Sorrento, there are some really lovely hotels , from there it is so easy to get to Capri, Positano Pompeii etc, such good transport links, but this whole area is very popular certainly would book well in advance,

reviews: 2
3. Re: Amalfi Coast

I agree with Sophie, base yourself in Sorrento and avoid changing hotels. Sorrento has transport links to all the places you wish to visit.

4. Re: Amalfi Coast

I would have to disagrre with the suggestion to base yourself in Sorento....it is a transport hub and it is easy to get to all the places you mention, but in my opinion it is not the nicest place to stay. My vote would go to Positano especially for a honeymoon....butthe hotels in all these places do get booked so you will need to book ahead. I reccommend the Eden Roc or for a splurge Le Sirenuse in Positano for a honeymoon to remember.

Canada
reviews: 15
5. Re: Amalfi Coast

Positano is a honeymoon destination. However if you want to see all you mention a practical destination is Sorrento. By changing hotels too often you would be moving with luggage around. A number of hotels in Sorrento offer also very unforgettable views.

You have to decide depending on your activity and style.

We went on a tour for our honeymoon, as we didn't want to seat in a place and we stayed in Sorrento for a couple of nights, as part of the tour, and we enjoyed it a lot. May be not conventional honeymoon, but it reflects who we are.

Roxbury NJ
reviews: 57
6. Re: Amalfi Coast

Sorrento was very nice stayed at Hotel Minerva sea view room..views that were stunning, easy access to other areas, must agree wouldnt change hotels like that what a waste of time and energy..

canada
reviews: 10
7. Re: Amalfi Coast

Sorrento is hub of land-based transport. If weather is fine, boats can be utilised, then Capri or any hamlet along the coast (incl Ravello) can be great.

Points to consider:- what sort of view would you like to see at dawn, or dusk? When you travel out in the day, where will you be among the crowds? shops, marketplace or the beach? Once you've decided on these book the hotel. Some hotels get booked almost a year ahead. Agree that you should avoid lugging your bags around every day. You are not refugees running away from a war, right?

8. Re: Amalfi Coast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 am, August 15, 2009