We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cruise wear

Which Rome hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
RI
Cruise wear

We'll be spending a week in Rome, then 12 days on Celebrity Cruise through the Greek Isles, Turkey, etc. Is it necessary to bring any "dressy" clothes, i.e., long skirt for me, jacket for my husband.

New to cruising.

Boston...
reviews: 16
1. Re: Cruise wear

Yes, you will need to bring dressy clothes. A 12 day Celebrity cruise will have 3 formal nights. Formal clothing would be an evening gown or cocktail dress, a tuxedo or dark suit (w/ tie)for your husband. There will be 3 smart casual nights, which would be a nice dress or long skirt/top for you and a suit & tie (or a sports jacket) for your husband, and the other 6 nights would be casual, where you can wear a nice pant suit or long skirt and top, your husband can wear a pair of casual slacks with a golf style collared shirt. No jeans or shorts are allowed in the formal dining rooms. Your husband can also rent a tuxedo from the cruise line if he would really like to dress up. He could go to a tuxedo rental store near you and get his measurements taken, then give them to the cruise line & they will have a tuxedo in your cabin when you board. This is not a requirement, it is only optional.

Consult your cruise brochure for further details or go online to Celebrity website & you should be able to find all of this information. There are many cruise travel boards online that you can consult also.

Enjoy your cruise.

Michigan
reviews: 4
2. Re: Cruise wear

I have been on 2 Celebrity cruises. My experience is that on formal night, 99% of the people dress-up. I would say that about 50% of men wore tuxedos and the others wore black suits. On semi-formal nights, about 80% wore sport coat and tie. Ladies wore whatever it is they wear on nights when men wear what I have mentioned. I find Celebrity to be a line for people who enjoy the more formal type cruise ship. Enjoy.